• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help! I lost all my patterns!

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having issues with the select and mask preview not working in photoshop (I have photoshop 2021). I looked up on how to fix it and came across a post on here and it said to add "OLD" to the folder name Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings. So I did and I reopened photoshop and ALL MY PATTERNS THAT I MADE ARE GONE!! Is there a way I can get them back?? I tried deleting "OLD" from that folder name but it won't let me because it says there's already a folder with that name. I don't understand! I feel so sick about this 😞 Please help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit Photoshop.

Place a tilde ~ in front of the new Photoshop Settings folder, then remove the OLD from the original folder.   Tilde (~) tells the OS to ignore the file name, so that there isn't a conflict.

Then restart Photoshop. Hopefully your Patterns are back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying back. I did try it and it seemed to only bring back all my brushes that had been deleted too. So at least that helped with that. For some reason it didn't work with the patterns..so that's weird. So right now I'm going through my .psds to see if I can salvage some of the patterns. 
Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that this won't happen again, here's how to save all your Presets, export them to a folder and put them in a safe place:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Don't think your patterns are gone. They are in this directory:Windows

Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop [version]\Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings  Look for Patterns.psp in the folder.

The folder is hidden, so follow these instructions to unhide them:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Then go to that directory.

Also see:https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines