• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PLEASE HELP!!! Photoshop files GONE and unable to edit pdfs I saved MONTHS ago!!!!!!!!!!

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months ago I was sent a pdf file that I was going to use for a project. It was a design templete that was meant to be editied. I was able to not only open the pdf file in photoshop but save it as a psd, and  I was also able to edit the file to what I needed it to be. I had both the pdf and the new psd version saved on my computer. 

I have not worked on the file since November. I just went to work on them today and I found that the psd files ALL GONE! Not only that, but I tried to open the pdf file in photoshop but now it's giving me an import pdf promt and then it opens the file in greyscale with the checker box background. What happened? Please help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Who removed the psd seems impossible to tell for anyone but you. 

Photoshop cannot properly open pdfs (unless ones created in Photoshop and saved with »Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities«). 

Which Mode did you chose when converting the pdf? 

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 08.29.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines