Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugins Uninstalled but still in list.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 x64 and Photoshop CC 2019

I recently tried the trials of the new Topaz AI programs, but discovered there was no way my PC with 8Gb memory and i5 proccessor was going to cope with the very high requirements of these programs, so I unistalled them all.

I now find they are still listed in the Photoshop effects menu. I have looked everywhere - in all Common Files folders both x86 and x64. Plugin folder in Photoshop, all through Program Data. I cannot find them anywhere, so cannot delete.

Hopefully someone has some ideas. I do not really want to reinstall these Topaz apps, they are so rescource hungry.

Grateful for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Plug-in are normally installed into Adobe  Photoshop version Plug-in folder.  Check each Photoshop version you have install plug-in folder for any Topaze plug-in.  I do not is install Topaz plug-ins so I do not know exactly how they are installed or where there are installed into,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but already done all these 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then search your disk for all files that have Topaz file names. If they are still listed as installed they  are on you disk or SSD somewhere. I stated I do not install their software so I have no idea where they install their files or how they hook then into Photoshop. File explorer search topaz at least. Also look at your Photoshop menu Help>System Info.   See where they are listed in there optional and third party.

Optional and third party plug-ins:

CUR (Windows Cursor) NO VERSION - from the file “C:\Photoshop64 Plug-Ins\icon format\ICOFormat64.8bi”
Face Control II 2.00 - from the file “C:\Photoshop64 Plug-Ins\Redfield\FaceControl(X64).8bf”
Fine Touch 3.25 - from the file “C:\Photoshop64 Plug-Ins\Redfield\FineTouch(X64).8bf”
GREYCstoration NO VERSION - from the file “C:\Photoshop64 Plug-Ins\GreycShop_x64_LAA_2013-08-04\Greyc-x64.8bf”
ICO Windows Icon/Favicon NO VERSION - from the file “C:\Photoshop64 Plug-Ins\icon format\ICOFormat64.8bi”
Import from FastPictureViewer Codec Pack 3.8.0.96 - from the file “C:\Photoshop64 Plug-Ins\FastPictureViewerCodecPack\FastPictureViewerCodecPack.PhotoshopImport64.8ba”
JPEG XR 1, 1, 0, 0 - from the file “C:\Photoshop64 Plug-Ins\Microsoft\JPEGXR_x64.8bi”
Lazy Nezumi Pro 19.10.22.1800 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Plug-Ins\MouseHookPro64.8li”
Luce NO VERSION - from the file “C:\Photoshop64 Plug-Ins\Luce2_64\luce_64.8bf”
Reduce Noise v8 8.3.7.0 - from the file “C:\Photoshop64 Plug-Ins\NeatImage8\NeatImage8.8bf”
ScriptListener 13.0 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Plug-Ins\ScriptListener.8li”
SGI RGB 13.0 (13.0 20120315.r.428 2012/03/15:21:00:00) - from the file “C:\Photoshop64 Plug-Ins\SGIRGB\SGIRGB.8BI”
WebP Lossless NO VERSION - from the file “C:\Photoshop64 Plug-Ins\WebPFormat-1.2b4-win64\WebPFormat64.8bi”
WebP NO VERSION - from the file “C:\Photoshop64 Plug-Ins\WebPFormat-1.2b4-win64\WebPFormat64.8bi”

Duplicate and Disabled plug-ins: NONE

Plug-ins that failed to load: NONE]

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are Installed to Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plugins\CC

I just reinstalled one program. Will now Uninstall and see what happens.

Plugin still in Effects Menu, but has gone from the path above. When I tried to run in through Photoshop it crashed.

I now think this is due to the Topaz apps being a complete waste of space. Hopefully a reinstall of Photoshop will fix it.

For this I will wait for version 2020 which can't be far away.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would contact Topaz support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got It!  Bloody things are installed twice. Once as described above and also as part of some piece of overated bloatware called Topaz Studio.

Now deleted and filter menu is as it should be. Don't know how Photoshop picked them up, they were in Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Studio\PS_Plugins_64

This is a shame. Topaz plugins up to quite recently were sensibly priced, worked, and were useful.

Now they are re-hashing them with outrageous system requirements and they are full of bugs. The Topaz facebook page is very revealing.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines