• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG to PDF help

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an image that is 2250x3500. When I convert it to a PDF the document is no longer 2250x3500. I keep messing with the conversion and settings and it always ends up too small or too large. How do I save it so the PDF is the exact size of my image?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

You say you're starting with an image, and you have Photoshop. So go to Image > Image Size and change the size to 8.5 x 11 inches. Make sure to choose inches and make sure to turn OFF "resample"(extremely important). Now save a PDF. It should now be 8.5 x 11 inches. If it's still rejected, please let us know what the message says now...

(Note: an image is not the best way to get a quality printout. If you are starting with something else, like a file in Word, let us know so we can give better

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you verify these things? Wht PDF settings do you use? What DPI is your PNG? Simply sounds like you are not aware of that DPI thing, quite frankly, and due to choosing unsuitable PDF options (and possibly import options when reopening the PDF in PS) stuff gets resampled/ resized.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My image is the size I want, when I convert it to a PDF and upload it I get this warning:

jodyp22552830_0-1621169298464.png

DPI of my image I am converting is 144 right now. I have saved it as a png and changed many setting, compression on and off etc, but it isn't the same size of the image before conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files are NEVER measured in pixels, no mater how convenient that might be. They have a size in inches/mm only. So, while the PNG size may be 2250x3500, nobody can say that a PDF is, or is not, 2250x3500. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am uploading my PDF to this site and get this warning message:

jodyp22552830_0-1621169423542.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message is bad and misleading, but let's hope we can help you navigate through this. What size is the PDF? The size will be given in inches or mm, and you can find out by opening it in Acrobat Reader or Acrobat, and hovering the mouse in the bottom left corner. The size should pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My PDF size is 22.91x17.71. I think according to the website I need it to be 8.5 x 11 x 0.01 in 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you're starting with an image, and you have Photoshop. So go to Image > Image Size and change the size to 8.5 x 11 inches. Make sure to choose inches and make sure to turn OFF "resample"(extremely important). Now save a PDF. It should now be 8.5 x 11 inches. If it's still rejected, please let us know what the message says now...

(Note: an image is not the best way to get a quality printout. If you are starting with something else, like a file in Word, let us know so we can give better advice).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!! For some reason when it gave me all those pixel looking numbers in the error, I thought I had to somehow resize it that way. Thank you so much for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your reading of the web page was very reasonable - they are putting out some very confusing messages...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with @Test Screen Name . Start by switching your document units to inches before exporting and make sure to create a PDF with matching size and image sampling options set to not resample in the PDF exporter.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines