Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Polar coordinates decreases quality

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Since PS begit to give me some issues in 3D mode when i try to edit my 360 phtos, i ewnt for the alternative way in order to edit my zenith and nadir. Polar coordinates.
The problem now, is that when i roll back my image from polar to rectangular, the iamge decreases it quality. 
take a look at this link:
https://youtu.be/9c2Tf1Ck6nM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After many 360 shots and patched nadir, I was curios too to investigate more into the Polar Coordinates filter I've used since today and thanks to your video and some test, I can confirm that it really destroys the final quality of the image...look at these examples already zoomed at 300%.

The first one is the original and the second is after polar coordinates applied.

You can see all the jagged diagonal lines, the blurriness of the roof tiles, the ruined sign name of the place and the overall decreased sharpness. You don't need to pixel peep to understand how bad this filter is....it looks like day and night for me 😫

If "we" still want to use it, trying to reduce the "destruction" of the whole image and until YOU fix the 16bit 3D editing bug (color shift and tools are not usable until you swith to 8bit or 32bit) 🤞🏻, maybe we could mask only the patched nadir portion of the image and also the upper part that sometimes makes a weird "pinch/puncture" in the north pole.

Original.jpgPolar Coordinates.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines