• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Polygon and magnetic lasso tool missing???

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, where did this go now? There has always been a popup under the lasso tool with both the polygon and the magnetic lasso. I use them both a lot. Are they gone, or am I just experiencing a glitch with this lovely $500 a year creative cloud?

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 3.29.24 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Hi BeaconPromo39250

It seems that your toolbar has been edited.

Choose the Edit Toolbar > right click or command click > it should contain polygon lasso and magnetic lasso tool.

edit toolbar.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BeaconPromo39250

It seems that your toolbar has been edited.

Choose the Edit Toolbar > right click or command click > it should contain polygon lasso and magnetic lasso tool.

edit toolbar.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird I haven't touched anything since opening it 1/2 hour ago.

Got it figured out now. Well at least this question and answer is out there now for searches, I couldn't find an answer

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Glad to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this and also reset all tools. The Magnetic Lasso Tool shows up, but still no Polygonal Lasso Tool. Guess I'll try quitting and restarting PS to see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is Adobe trying to make our life "Simpler".

I wish they minded their own business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, OP could be on a different workspace. Click the icon at the top right for workspace and choose "Essential." Now, try and right click on the lasso tool and see if it is there. It should be there by default now.

2016-12-15 14_25_26-.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this answer the most helpful, thank you my friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'It seems that your toolbar has been edited'  So by a ghost?! - I certainly haven't touched it - I had the same problem - infact many of the tools had disappeared.  I was forced to go to CC as 5.5 didn't work with High Sierra.  I am paying a stupid amount for something that has more bugs in than is acceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also missing polygon lasso tool .. Resetting to "Essential" did not do it. I discovered the top right Search icon. Searched Polygon tool, and presto! It appeared in place .. This shouldn't happen with a fresh install of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOOPS! All the options for the tools that I used to access by clicking the little triangles in the lower right of each tool gliff, are now revealed with a three finger swipe over the tool .... (Mac - infrequent user .... :-// 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for anyone who ended up here from google over a year later, click and hold on the lasso icon to get the alternate modes. -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a Legend!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been trying to find it for 15 minutes now with no luck. I have the regular lasso tool but following the answers here to find the magnetic isn't of any help. When I click on the lasso tooll on my other computer, it shows the other two lasso options, but this computer only has the regular lasso for some reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines