• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to Install Intel PS on Mac M1 instead of Apple Silicon version?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally picked up a Macbook with the M1 processor back in November, and loved how well the Intel version of Photoshop ran on it in Rosetta. It was lightyears better than Photoshop on my 2018 Macbook Pro with the 6-core i7, 16gb RAM, and Radeon GPU. Photoshop sucks on my Intel Mac.

I had tried the beta PS for Apple Silicon back then and was incredibly disappointed with the performance. I found the Intel to be better.

I just restored my Macbook, and noticed PS was running a lot worse that I remembered it. Then, realized I was running the Apple Silicon version... That was the default version to install from the Cloud Installer.

Is there a way for me to install the Intel version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the Adobe Photoshop CC 2021.app is a Universal Application meaning it can run either natively or under Rosetta.

Go to the /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2021/Adobe Photoshop CC 2021.app, right click then Get Info and under General check Open using Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I actually cancelled my Adobe subscription in favor of Affinity Photo, but I think I might still have a couple days left on my subscription. If I decide to plague my Macbook with Adobe software again (I can't stand all of the additional processes they it runs in the background even when all Adobe software is closed), I'll confirm whether or not I have success with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines