• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to reverse flatten layer after changing profile type?

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was exporting a drawing that had different finish layers, a few of them changed in color in the preview panel, so I followed the recommendations of this adobe support post to fix it and went into the convert to profile window and set the profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1. I mistakenly didn't see that it automatically flattened all of my layers. When I realized this I had already saved and closed out of Photoshop. Is there a way to restore the layers at this point? 

Appreciate any help or thoughts. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save and close is the point of no return. Everything before is deleted and gone.

The flattening is for a reason: numerical adjustments are color space specific. The same adjustment will have a different meaning in another color space, so the appearance will change. The only way to preserve appearance is to flatten first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was worried that was going to be an answer. Thank you for the explanation! Helpful to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have an old backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines