Highlighted

Posterization Layer

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm watching on a tutorial abt posterization. In course, it says that if I just set the colour number to 4, there will be 16 colours in the outcome, cos the posterization have 4 values in each channel, which is understandable.(As shot 1)

Only posterization layerOnly posterization layer

To solve it, adding a black and white layer between the posterize layer and the photo will do.(Shot 2)

Add B&W layerAdd B&W layer

But I just don't know why sandwiching the b&w layer will help solve it.

Wally

Topics

How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Posterization Layer

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm watching on a tutorial abt posterization. In course, it says that if I just set the colour number to 4, there will be 16 colours in the outcome, cos the posterization have 4 values in each channel, which is understandable.(As shot 1)

Only posterization layerOnly posterization layer

To solve it, adding a black and white layer between the posterize layer and the photo will do.(Shot 2)

Add B&W layerAdd B&W layer

But I just don't know why sandwiching the b&w layer will help solve it.

Wally

Topics

How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wally,

Continue watching. Julianne Kost explains it a little later than where you are and adds a Gradient Map for the colors (as well as a Curves Adjustment layer for the shrubs). Also note that there is a Q&A on LinkedIn Learning where the instructor answers questions.

~ Jane

F12F5086-77FC-4EE5-87EE-C774D1962129.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»But I just don't know why sandwiching the b&w layer will help solve it.«

Solve what? What is the problem here? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description seems confusing: You mention four Channels so that would rule out RGB, but the Black & White Adjustment is not available in CMYK. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines