• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Power cut; Work in Photoshop file not showing.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

I was recently working on a PSD file in Adobe Photoshop CS6. I had been working on this file for quite some time and was saving regularly. The power ended up being cut where I am, and it happened to be right in the middle of when the file was open. When reopening the PSD file, I discovered that all my progress looked to be gone. There was no recovered file that loaded. The original file now only shows one single locked background layer. 

I have looked in the autorecover folder and found nothing. I tried uploading the file to a few online PSD recovery websites, yet still came back with nothing. I still do not understand how a power cut seems to have destroyed all my progress. Can the program not revert back to the last saved edition of the file?  

Any help is much appreciated! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a hard time understanding how the disk copy could be corrupted - unless you were in the middle of a save. You're sure it's not sitting there under a different name, or a different place than you think?

This might be a good investment. I have one that keeps the system running for a half hour:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?q=apc%20back-ups%20pro&sort=PRICE_LOW_TO_HIGH 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's very surprising. I had it saved as only one PSD file. I've double checked, and triple checked to see if there is any possible copy, yet had no luck. I'm certain that I was not in the middle of a save at the time. Are you aware of anywhere else a previous saved/recovered edition may be within the system that I may not have checked?    

I viewed the attached link for the backups and will definitely look more into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines