• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preference File Issues - Please help!

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read and tried a few solutions from the forums but nothing has worked so far. Can anyone help me?

I am running cs5 on a PC. I know it's old, but it's what I've got to work with! The program has been working perfectly fine all week. Tonight when I tried to open photoshop, I got 2 errors:

"Could not load actions because an unexpected end of file was encountered"

Then

"Could not initialize Photoshop because the Preferences File was invalid (it has been deleted)"

When I try to go to the App Data file or find settings in my C drive, it does not appear to be there?? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What operating system are you using, the appdata data folder is normally hidden by default, you need to enable this option to see it

2020-10-20 08_15_07-Folder Options.png

Also have you have seen this thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/preferences-file-was-invalid/td-p/4332042?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply Ged! That was exactly the help I needed. Every solution I found required me to delete a folder that didn't seem to exist on my computer, and the simple fix you gave above allowed me to find the folder and resolve the issue. I really appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines