• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preferences for pasting images into Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of copying from Illustrator and pasting into PS 2021 on the Mac. I copy an image to my Clipboard, and open a new PS file using the pixel or inch dimensions I need for my final graphic. Sometimes the image I am copying from AI is larger in size than the file I need. Photoshop used to paste an image in at the size it was in AI, and I would move it within the PS to the right place, and/or resize it if necessary. Now PS pastes it in sized to the file dimensions (as if the file dimensions are a bounding box) rather than pasting at original size. Forcing me to resize the image means that my images won't be consistent in terms of font size. Is there a way to set the preferences so that it pastes in at the original Illustrator size, and doesn't fit it to the size of the new PS file I've created? Please say yes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you paste in from AI as a smart object layer it will be a vector Smart Object Layer you should be able to scale it to any size you need.  It will be scaled like AI would have scaled it. The smart object is an AI vector file Photoshop can import the image in any size you desire Vector Graphics will be used  to render the pixels for Photoshop layer's pixels using the AI vector object.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines