• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset shapes missing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to look for shapes like hearts, circles, etc., I only. I only find trees floweres and boats in my shapes presets. Can someone tell me please how to find other things? Instead of an arrow appearing on custom shapes it’s a tree and I cant change it. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

From the Window menu choose Shapes

shape1.png

Then from the flyout menu

shape2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

From the Window menu choose Shapes

shape1.png

Then from the flyout menu

shape2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!  why in the world would they do this?  just shocking unless someone can tell me why boats and trees are more valuable then arrows, and dialog clouds and other actual useful shapes.  trees?  same thing with patterns.  its water and leaves?  so strange.  anyway thank you for this solution.  the world is somehwat right agin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think of it like how "Save for Web" has been deprecated to "legacy" status. It'll be there until a suitable alternative for Save for Web takes its place.

(Though I do agree that the legacy shapes should be easier to find, much like how Save for Web is still in the same location it has been.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thanks for explaining about legacy shapes... weird they would take that out.

I have a collection of shapes that I've saved throughout the years and now I cant add them because there is no longer a Custom Shapes folder in the Photoshop Presets folder.

Where did that folder go? How can I add my shapes in?

I appreciate your help.

thanks

Melissa

2021-01-05_9-34-09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The custom shapes folder can be found in this location

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets\Custom Shapes

Copy them into that folder and select Import Shapes from the menu above and browse to that location or you could just browse to where you have them saved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I was able to import them. But there is no longer a Custom Shapes folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is in the loaction I mentioned above, you're looking in this location

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets

You need to go to this location

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets\

You can find the AppData folder by typing %appdata% in the Windows address bar and hitting return

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I found it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would this folder be on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try looking in:

<User>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobePhotoshop [version_number]/Presets.

More info here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/presets.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only folders in this location are called "AMT" and "PDF." The actual preset folders are found in <User>/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2021/Presets, but for some reason, the Custom Shapes folder is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. I have it (but I'm on Windows):

1.jpg

I also note that you said "2021"; we're on 2022 now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have 2021, because "Adobe Photoshop 2021" is what pops up when I hover over the icon in my menu bar. I also have Mojave, and haven't upgraded to Catalina (mostly because my computer games won't work with Catalina).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh. (I don't even know if Photoshop 2022 (23.x) will install under Mojave; I'd imagine no, especially if you're also running CC Desktop, which would alert you to an update.) The requirements for 23.x also state Catalina is needed:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Can you let us know what it is you're trying to do, Dream? Maybe we can pinpoint a solution that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's okay, it's been figured out, thanks. I found the folder I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so, so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines