Preset shapes missing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to look for shapes like hearts, circles, etc., I only. I only find trees floweres and boats in my shapes presets. Can someone tell me please how to find other things? Instead of an arrow appearing on custom shapes it’s a tree and I cant change it. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Deleted User
Hi From the Window menu choose Shapes Then from the flyout menu

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

From the Window menu choose Shapes

shape1.png

Then from the flyout menu

shape2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!  why in the world would they do this?  just shocking unless someone can tell me why boats and trees are more valuable then arrows, and dialog clouds and other actual useful shapes.  trees?  same thing with patterns.  its water and leaves?  so strange.  anyway thank you for this solution.  the world is somehwat right agin. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think of it like how "Save for Web" has been deprecated to "legacy" status. It'll be there until a suitable alternative for Save for Web takes its place.

(Though I do agree that the legacy shapes should be easier to find, much like how Save for Web is still in the same location it has been.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thanks for explaining about legacy shapes... weird they would take that out.

I have a collection of shapes that I've saved throughout the years and now I cant add them because there is no longer a Custom Shapes folder in the Photoshop Presets folder.

Where did that folder go? How can I add my shapes in?

I appreciate your help.

thanks

Melissa

2021-01-05_9-34-09.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The custom shapes folder can be found in this location

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets\Custom Shapes

Copy them into that folder and select Import Shapes from the menu above and browse to that location or you could just browse to where you have them saved

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I was able to import them. But there is no longer a Custom Shapes folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is in the loaction I mentioned above, you're looking in this location

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets

You need to go to this location

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets\

You can find the AppData folder by typing %appdata% in the Windows address bar and hitting return

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I found it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so, so much!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines