• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset sync crashes all the time (FIXED)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new function Preset Sync my Photoshop crashes all the time.

If I want to shut down Photoshop, it crashes. If I want to disable the function in the presets, is crashes.

I uninstalled Photoshop totally and after reinstalled it, Preset sync is automaticaly on so it crashes again ...

Am I the only one with this - serieus - bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the June release of Photoshop 22.4.2 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.4.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop crashing. Which operating system are you working on?

Could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if that helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

thanks for your reply.

My operating system is MacOs BigSur 11.2.1 (all in Dutch)

I tried several times to reset, uninstal,... nothing helps. Every time it enables that sync button by itself.

Now I installed back the previous version so I can work again.

kind regards,

Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on MacOs BigSur 11.2.1. PhotoShop constantly crashes!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Crashes every time - fills up all available RAM, outside of what's set in preferences for RAM usage then crashes or freezes the computer.

Figured it might have something to do with preset sync.

Uninstalled 22.2 and installed previous version 22.1.1.

This one works with normal memory usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the trouble but where did you find the previous version? obviously finding something on the Adobe site is a challenge ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paolo,

I also had to search a bit but actually its very easy 🙂

In the Creative Cloud app where you had to uninstal this version, you see the option in the list to instal Photoshop again.

On the right side, next to the "opening" or the "instal" button, you see the 3 dots.

Click on it, then you have the option to instal "other versions". Just pick the previous version to instal.

You can see it on the picture in attach. Sorry it is in dutch language but I guess you'll get the picture 🙂

br

Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same for me! Incredible! I also tried moving the preferences to the desktop and having it build a new preferences folder in the library, but nothing! They are crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE !!

REGRET SOOO MUCH THAT I ENABLE SYNC !!!

CRASHES ALL THE TIME, LOT OF WORK WASTED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue 😞 pls help

I'm working with an older version now, but I need a new one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. The solution by "Little World of Photo" in this thread solved it for me.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/preset-sync-issues/td-p/11826837

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me too, thanks !!!

kind regards,

Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Card.

I found a post from Peter-B here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-22-2-0-uses-all-the-system-memory/m-p/11886326

… and that mentioned PSUserConfig.txt solution worked for me as well (macOS Catalina 10.15.7 with Photoshop 22.3). 👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the Card / Carl typo … ;-/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too 😞

but on Mac OS Mojave. I tried a new install without setting mirgation, it's the same.

Unfortunately, only killing Photoshop always helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This giude from  Peter-B worked, awesome. thx 😉

For MacOs, try this:

• Close Photoshop
  • Create a text file an save this as PSUserConfig.txt
  • Add PresetSync 0 to PSUserConfig.txt and save this. 
  • Add PSUserConfig.txt to the Photoshop Settings folder.
  • Where to find the Settings folder? Open the finder and go by the menu to go/go to folder and type:  ~/library/Preferences/
  • There you will see the folder Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings.
  • Open the Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings folder and place there the PSUserConfig.txt file.
  • It the PSUserConfig.txt already exists, copy that file to a safe place, then place the new. The PSUserConfig.txt file with the PresetSync 0 rule, will force preset sync OFF.
  • Restart Photoshop. After restarting Photoshop, it should be possible to work with Ps 22.2 and Ps 22.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the June release of Photoshop 22.4.2 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.4.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have issues with sync on 22.4.3.  First off, my brush palettes do not show up in my brush panel.  When trying to quit PS it hangs giving me message about doing preset sync.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines