Highlighted

Pressure for brush size ignored when holding shift for straight lines (dot2dot)

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Huion Kamvas 22 Plus, PS CC, Win10, the pressure for brush size works fine in freehand drawing. Even when holding shift and drawing a straight horizontal line, the line strenght corresponds to pen pressure. As soon as I try to draw straight lines by drawing start and end point, the pressure is seemingly ignored completely, the lines come out thin, sometimes at random going from thick to thin. 

PS CC updated, Huion Win 10 driver up to date (no older versions available as its a new model I believe)

I tried it with ticked and unticked windows ink setting in the Huion App, makes no difference. 

Also tried using the PSUserconfig.txt fix to use win tab, as that seemed to resolve some pressure sensitivity issues for other users - this only resulted in pressure sensitivy to stop working altogether when win ink is UNflagged in the Huion App. No change to the straight line issue either way. 

Any suggestions appreciated (especially where the root of the problem is)

Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pressure for brush size ignored when holding shift for straight lines (dot2dot)

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Huion Kamvas 22 Plus, PS CC, Win10, the pressure for brush size works fine in freehand drawing. Even when holding shift and drawing a straight horizontal line, the line strenght corresponds to pen pressure. As soon as I try to draw straight lines by drawing start and end point, the pressure is seemingly ignored completely, the lines come out thin, sometimes at random going from thick to thin. 

PS CC updated, Huion Win 10 driver up to date (no older versions available as its a new model I believe)

I tried it with ticked and unticked windows ink setting in the Huion App, makes no difference. 

Also tried using the PSUserconfig.txt fix to use win tab, as that seemed to resolve some pressure sensitivity issues for other users - this only resulted in pressure sensitivy to stop working altogether when win ink is UNflagged in the Huion App. No change to the straight line issue either way. 

Any suggestions appreciated (especially where the root of the problem is)

Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find I have to use my Mouse to draw precis straight lines with click and shift click.  With my pen I can not position the cursor and touch the cursor point well without any movement and with pressure enabled for opacity and tip sizing the lines are more a gradient that tapered. Turing pressure controls off the lines I can layout are not exactly what I want when I use my Pen. I have trouble touching the precise  line end points I want.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going with the shift click function for years in industrial design and illustration, I'm quite used to it (no problems with the precision). And unfortunately it is so ingrained in my sketching workflow, that switching to mouse while sketching is not really an option. Especially since it worked on both an older Wacom Cintiq, and a Mobile Studio pro. (It had its own kinks there, such as the occasional dot at the beginning of the line, but that didnt bother me too much - it did what it was supposed to do)

Any ideas if it is likely a huion driver issue, a PS issue, something in between colliding with a windows function, or simply a brush settings problem? (I feel like i can rule out the last one, tried it with different brushes, different settings - same result everytime i shift click - thin line, pressure is being ignored)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always used Wacom tablets and WinTab Application interface with Photoshop.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0