• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previously smooth edges now pixelated, jagged

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noob here. Trying to help my son out. Says previous work now looks terrible (edges) and that screen is laggy. Seems like a hardware issue (overheated, maybe?) as opposed to software or settings, but I really don't know. Anything obvious we should be looking at?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all depends on computer specs if previous version is working fine for you then you can revert back latest version need new generation computers....like core i7 upto 8th gen....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ianb48837212_0-1602206170438.png

Hopefully you can zoom in because it's hard to see from a distance, but all the edges are jagged. To be clear, it never did this before, and it made all the edges in my previous files look like this too. It's also incredibly laggy zooming in/out and moving the canvas. The edges look OK when I first open the files, but the second I zoom in/out they get messed up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Use Graphics Processor is already turned off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aaaaand I turned it on and everything is fixed... Thanks lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines