• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Dialog Boxes Slow to Open

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am running CS6 on a Win10 64bit machine. Recently the print dialog bxes in PS are extremely slow to open. I have 3 Epson printers (7890, P800, & XP-640). All have latest drivers, software & firmware. I have no problem printing via QImage; only PS. Checking I note that this is a fairly common issue. I have tried the following without success:

1. Changing default printer.

2. Deleting .aud fille (Program Data/Epson/Printer) It was only 6KB in size)

3. Could not find Net Driver HPZ12 service to delete

Printers are not on a network.

Any ideas?

--Alan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

I had the same problem with a clients computer. Updating the AMD Driver to 18.Q3 solved the problem.

Windows 10, i7 8700k, WX 5100, CC 2018.

Seems they found the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that issue could be caused by the antivirus or the firewall software... Can you try to disable it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Disabled antivirus per your suggestion with no luck/change.

--Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you try this?

To access hidden folders in Windows Explorer, click on the Tools tab, click on Folder options,  click on View.  Under the heading "Hidden Folders and files" click on  "Show Hidden Folders and files".

You will then be able to access the folder "Program Data".  In the folder called "Program Data" you will find a folder titled "Epson".  In the Epson folder is a folder called "Printer".  In the printer folder is the file (In my case anyway) called "EPAUDF01.AUD.  When I deleted the file (that had swollen to 40 megabytes), the system (or the Epson Printer program... I'm not sure which), generated a new file that was 2 kilobytes in size, after I had restarted my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated, I deleted the .AUD file you mentioned (Program Data/Epson/Printer) without any luck. Actually, the file size was only 6KB.

--Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried all of the above and many more suggestions from Google, Adobe, etc and still no luck. Does anyone out there have a possible solution? Am very frustrated! Thanks.

--Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'll bump this one up as I've just hit the issue. Printing from anything but Photoshop is OK. Printing from any version of Photoshop and the Photoshop print dialogue is very slow (taking 25-30 secs to appear and similar for any changes to take effect).

I reset preferences in Photoshop (before realising that it is affecting all three installed versions CC2018 19.0.1 ; CC2017 and CS6 ). I also ran the Windows troubleshooter on the printers. So far no joy.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm still scratching my head over this one

Symptoms - in any installed version of Photoshop the print dialogue takes 25-35 secs to open and changing any print option within it - it again becomes unresponsive for a similar length of time (a pain when printing). Not only that, but everything on the system becomes unresponsive while waiting for the dialogue to update  - even Windows task manager.

This happens from all installed versions of Photoshop (CC2018, CC2017 and CS6)

Printing and print dialogues work fine from Lightroom Classic, Acrobat, In Design, Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite.

What I have done so far :

Uninstalled and removed the drivers for both printers (both Epson). The Photoshop Print Dialogue  was still unresponsive with only the default Microsoft "printers" showing.

It was also unresponsive to Adobes own Print to PDF printer (I uninstalled Acrobat to remove that as part of testing - to no avail)

Reinstalled printers with the latest drivers (but as stated above the dialogue in unresponsive even with the printers and drivers removed)

Run the Windows print troubleshooter - no issues found

Run sfc /SCANNOW - no problems found

Removed file EPAUDF01.AUD which Epson rebuilt

Reset preferences

Any thoughts and ideas welcome.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the exception I have a Canon Pro 10 printer.  I see this on 3 different computers (2 at home and 1 at work).  Mine though is more like 5-10 seconds though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding that I also have the same performance issue when trying to print to Canon PRO-1000 and PRO-2000 printers from Ps CC (2018).

It takes 10-20 seconds to open/close the Print Settings dialog from Photoshop Print Settings (the time depends on which printer I'm using) which is a real pain. If I open the same dialog for Printer Preferences from the Control Panel then there is no performance issue, only from within Ps.

Can Adobe please respond to this issue as it seems to be affecting many users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with an Epson 3880 printer.

30 seconds to open dialogue box, slow to change anything within it and slow to exit or print other than to cancel the dialogue box.

Same printer preferences through windows OK

All other applications OK.

Adobe please assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this started around the Windows 10 Fall release so I suspect it is in Windows not Photoshop, particularly as it hit 3 versions of Photoshop that I have installed, at the same time - two of which are old versions for which there was no change in software.

I have been told that Photoshop uses parts of the Windows print system that many apps do not which is why the symptom only shows for Photoshop.
I'm still looking though

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me nothing to do with Windows 10 as running Windows 7 and also printing from other apps using the same dialogs (e.g. from CorelDraw) is not a problem so definitely an Adobe/Ps issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is identifying the common factor as for the vast majority, myself included until a couple of months ago, this is not happening.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, so I was fed up with my print dialog issues and other CC performance problems (hangs and such). I had suspicions that the fact that I've been running the same Windows 10 install may have something to do with it, so I took the plunge and did a full Win10 and CC reinstall with fresh Nvidia drivers. It seems to have fixed the problem, the print dialog is instant now.

Now if Adobe could fix the PS text size preview glitch, that would wonderful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Text size preview was fixed in this week's 19.1.0 r.238 release

On the print dialogue I was thinking I may need to do a clean install. I'll give it a shot when I get some downtime

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully, the Win10 reinstall is dead simple and can be done in less time that you would imagine. Around an hour probably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebuilding is not an option for me and the issue needs to be addressed by Adobe.

I installed the 19.1 release yesterday and noticed that the image preview in Photoshop Print Settings has been messed up (it now sometimes requires going into the Print Settings (Properties) and okaying to display correctly. Also, alert message boxes now have a horrible white background with a grey button (not a good look!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop 19.1.1 and I just started having the problem with my Epson R3000 printer. I removed and reinstalled the printer but that has not helped. I also have a HP 4385 (old printer) and it is ok with Photoshop. Please Adobe figure this out. 20-30 seconds delay to open Epson dialog and 30-60 second delays to change anything in it's dialog window.

I sure hope Adobe figures this out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest PS CC 2018 and the most up-to-date Win10.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.2 20180302.r.277 2018/03/02: 1160083  x64

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Version: 10 or greater 10.0.16299.15
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:12, Stepping:2 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 6
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 3331 MHz
Built-in memory: 24574 MB
Free memory: 10855 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 21907 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

I'm not using the print option in PS very often, but only every 10 days or so. So I don't know exactly with which update this issue was introduced... But about 4 weeks ago, everything worked just fine and since the latest 19.x updates it got screwed somewhere.

What happens?

Open a file, you can edit, create layers, zoom, modify, brush, whatever you want, everything works smoothly. Small files, large files, all kinds of formats (JPEG, TIFF, etc.) no problems.

BUT, as soon as you click on File/Print, the havoc starts!

The mouse cursor becomes slooooooow.... system becomes slow, even a browser window starts to slow down. The Windows Resource Monitor shows about 15-25% CPU utilization, but the Photoshop.exe PID gets a red entry; "Not Responding"  After about 15-25 seconds, the Print Dialog window finally appears. But every action in this window, results in another slow/stall behavior of my system. In fact the Print Dialog becomes unusable! Only when I click on 'Cancel', everything is back to normal again.

Done so far to check/verify:

-all other applications work fast and without any issues when printing! Even other Adobe s/w like AI, Acrobat, ID, etc. Also MS Office applications and other graphic software keep on working just fine with their printing dialogs/windows/features.

So it's a specific PS CC 2018 + Print only issue!

-Checked the Event Log files; but there is nothing logged about any PS issues. (?)

-I've even uninstalled PS CC 2018 from my system and cleaned up all remains, including appdata leftovers and all temporary garbage from PS. Reinstalled the latest PS CC 2018 from the CreativeCloud app; left PS CC 2018 with all its standard settings and just tried to print again.

No luck, problem with print dialog from PS CC 2018 is back immediately.

Then I set all my personal settings and performance enhancements within PS CC 2018; no change. GPU acceleration on/off; no difference. Scratch disks on/off/change; no difference.

Even reinstalled all my printer drivers; no difference. But as I mentioned before, ALL OTHER applications do print just fine! Only PS CC 2018 print function is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now end of March 2018 and much like you I'm still experiencing massive slow down when trying to print. Not only does everything slow down ultimately becoming unresponsive, but I can't even get it to print to my Epson Stylus Pro 4900. No other problems printing in AI so if it's not PS and it's Windows 10, I don't understand how it can be so.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.2 20180302.r.277 2018/03/02: 1160083  x64

Number of Launches: 12

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Version: 10 or greater 10.0.16299.15

System architecture: AMD CPU Family:15, Model:1, Stepping:2 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX

Physical processor count: 4

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3592 MHz

Built-in memory: 16342 MB

Free memory: 5625 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 14437 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

Alias Layers: Disabled.

Modifier Palette: Disabled.

Highbeam: Enabled.

Image tile size: 1028K

Image cache levels: 4

Font Preview: Medium

TextComposer: Latin

Display: 1

Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=1080, right=1920

OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.

OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.

OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced

OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.

AIFCoreInitialized=1

AIFOGLInitialized=1

OGLContextCreated=1

NumGLGPUs=1

NumCLGPUs=1

NumNativeGPUs=0

glgpu[0].GLVersion="4.1"

glgpu[0].IsIntegratedGLGPU=0

glgpu[0].GLMemoryMB=3072

glgpu[0].GLName="AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series"

glgpu[0].GLVendor="ATI Technologies Inc."

glgpu[0].GLVendorID=4098

glgpu[0].GLDriverVersion="23.20.15025.1004"

glgpu[0].GLRectTextureSize=16384

glgpu[0].GLRenderer="AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series"

glgpu[0].GLRendererID=26522

glgpu[0].HasGLNPOTSupport=1

glgpu[0].GLDriver="C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0324524.inf_amd64_0d186b68c5ea1772\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0324524.inf_amd64_0d186b68c5ea1772\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0324524.inf_amd64_0d186b68c5ea1772\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0324524.inf_amd64_0d186b68c5ea1772\amdxc64.dll"

glgpu[0].GLDriverDate="20180219000000.000000-000"

glgpu[0].CanCompileProgramGLSL=1

glgpu[0].GLFrameBufferOK=1

glgpu[0].glGetString[GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION]="4.50"

glgpu[0].glGetProgramivARB[GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_ARB][GL_MAX_PROGRAM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB]=[2147483647]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS]=[8]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS]=[160]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_VERTEX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS]=[32]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS]=[32]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_DRAW_BUFFERS]=[8]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_COMPONENTS]=[16384]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_COMPONENTS]=[16384]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_VARYING_FLOATS]=[128]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_VERTEX_ATTRIBS]=[29]

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_VERTEX_PROGRAM]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_VERTEX_SHADER]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_FRAGMENT_SHADER]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_EXT_FRAMEBUFFER_OBJECT]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_TEXTURE_FLOAT]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_OCCLUSION_QUERY]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_VERTEX_BUFFER_OBJECT]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_SHADER_TEXTURE_LOD]=1

clgpu[0].CLPlatformVersion="2.1 AMD-APP (2527.8)"

clgpu[0].CLDeviceVersion="1.2 AMD-APP (2527.8)"

clgpu[0].IsIntegratedCLGPU=0

clgpu[0].CLMemoryMB=3072

clgpu[0].CLName="Tahiti"

clgpu[0].CLVendor="Advanced Micro Devices, Inc."

clgpu[0].CLVendorID=4098

clgpu[0].CLDriverVersion="2527.8"

clgpu[0].CLBandwidth=1.89185e+11

clgpu[0].CLCompute=1510.62

License Type: Subscription

Serial number: 94070491583484602911

GUIDBucket:

Application folder: D:\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\

Temporary file path: C:\Users\danra\AppData\Local\Temp\

Photoshop scratch has async I/O enabled

Scratch volume(s):

C:\, 118.7G, 83.8G free

D:\, 3.64T, 2.99T free

Required Plug-ins folder: D:\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Required\Plug-Ins\

Primary Plug-ins folder: D:\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Plug-Ins\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a Radeon Graphic card? If so are you running the current driver? If so you might try uninstalling it and install a driver version from last year. DDU will uninstall it and is free. That fixed it for me. I think there is some conflicts between Radeon and Adobe products.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although installing an older driver might fix this specific Adobe PS only ! problem (the issue does NOT occur with other Adobe products), that older driver might also introduce bugs again, that were fixed by issuing more recent drivers.

Or use my (temporary) solution as mentioned in post #32 from this topic.

Another user bought another type of graphics card, Quadro P600, (which uses totally different driver s/w), and that seemed to fix this problem.

Graphics card for a Photoshopper, not a Gamer

Although I still think Adobe should fix this issue, NOT the paying customer who uses a standard graphics card which are sold by millions.

The issue was also reported here:

Photoshop CC 2018: Print dialog extremely slow to open/does not respond | Photoshop Family Customer ...

but no concrete and/or real answer from anyone from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I still think Adobe should fix this issue, NOT the paying customer who uses a standard graphics card which are sold by millions.

Personally I think AMD should fix it. Their driver update broke it and not just for the latest Photoshop but for every version I have installed.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care who fixes it, albeit Santa Claus. But sofar, neither Adobe, neither AMD has ever (as far as I know) responded to this issue and/or made an effort to fix it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines