Highlighted

Print Dialog Boxes Slow to Open

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am running CS6 on a Win10 64bit machine. Recently the print dialog bxes in PS are extremely slow to open. I have 3 Epson printers (7890, P800, & XP-640). All have latest drivers, software & firmware. I have no problem printing via QImage; only PS. Checking I note that this is a fairly common issue. I have tried the following without success:

1. Changing default printer.

2. Deleting .aud fille (Program Data/Epson/Printer) It was only 6KB in size)

3. Could not find Net Driver HPZ12 service to delete

Printers are not on a network.

Any ideas?

--Alan

I had the same problem with a clients computer. Updating the AMD Driver to 18.Q3 solved the problem.

Windows 10, i7 8700k, WX 5100, CC 2018.

Seems they found the issue...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Print Dialog Boxes Slow to Open

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am running CS6 on a Win10 64bit machine. Recently the print dialog bxes in PS are extremely slow to open. I have 3 Epson printers (7890, P800, & XP-640). All have latest drivers, software & firmware. I have no problem printing via QImage; only PS. Checking I note that this is a fairly common issue. I have tried the following without success:

1. Changing default printer.

2. Deleting .aud fille (Program Data/Epson/Printer) It was only 6KB in size)

3. Could not find Net Driver HPZ12 service to delete

Printers are not on a network.

Any ideas?

--Alan

I had the same problem with a clients computer. Updating the AMD Driver to 18.Q3 solved the problem.

Windows 10, i7 8700k, WX 5100, CC 2018.

Seems they found the issue...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that issue could be caused by the antivirus or the firewall software... Can you try to disable it?

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Disabled antivirus per your suggestion with no luck/change.

--Alan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you try this?

To access hidden folders in Windows Explorer, click on the Tools tab, click on Folder options,  click on View.  Under the heading "Hidden Folders and files" click on  "Show Hidden Folders and files".

You will then be able to access the folder "Program Data".  In the folder called "Program Data" you will find a folder titled "Epson".  In the Epson folder is a folder called "Printer".  In the printer folder is the file (In my case anyway) called "EPAUDF01.AUD.  When I deleted the file (that had swollen to 40 megabytes), the system (or the Epson Printer program... I'm not sure which), generated a new file that was 2 kilobytes in size, after I had restarted my machine.

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated, I deleted the .AUD file you mentioned (Program Data/Epson/Printer) without any luck. Actually, the file size was only 6KB.

--Alan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried all of the above and many more suggestions from Google, Adobe, etc and still no luck. Does anyone out there have a possible solution? Am very frustrated! Thanks.

--Alan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'll bump this one up as I've just hit the issue. Printing from anything but Photoshop is OK. Printing from any version of Photoshop and the Photoshop print dialogue is very slow (taking 25-30 secs to appear and similar for any changes to take effect).

I reset preferences in Photoshop (before realising that it is affecting all three installed versions CC2018 19.0.1 ; CC2017 and CS6 ). I also ran the Windows troubleshooter on the printers. So far no joy.

Dave

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm still scratching my head over this one

Symptoms - in any installed version of Photoshop the print dialogue takes 25-35 secs to open and changing any print option within it - it again becomes unresponsive for a similar length of time (a pain when printing). Not only that, but everything on the system becomes unresponsive while waiting for the dialogue to update  - even Windows task manager.

This happens from all installed versions of Photoshop (CC2018, CC2017 and CS6)

Printing and print dialogues work fine from Lightroom Classic, Acrobat, In Design, Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite.

What I have done so far :

Uninstalled and removed the drivers for both printers (both Epson). The Photoshop Print Dialogue  was still unresponsive with only the default Microsoft "printers" showing.

It was also unresponsive to Adobes own Print to PDF printer (I uninstalled Acrobat to remove that as part of testing - to no avail)

Reinstalled printers with the latest drivers (but as stated above the dialogue in unresponsive even with the printers and drivers removed)

Run the Windows print troubleshooter - no issues found

Run sfc /SCANNOW - no problems found

Removed file EPAUDF01.AUD which Epson rebuilt

Reset preferences

Any thoughts and ideas welcome.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the exception I have a Canon Pro 10 printer.  I see this on 3 different computers (2 at home and 1 at work).  Mine though is more like 5-10 seconds though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding that I also have the same performance issue when trying to print to Canon PRO-1000 and PRO-2000 printers from Ps CC (2018).

It takes 10-20 seconds to open/close the Print Settings dialog from Photoshop Print Settings (the time depends on which printer I'm using) which is a real pain. If I open the same dialog for Printer Preferences from the Control Panel then there is no performance issue, only from within Ps.

Can Adobe please respond to this issue as it seems to be affecting many users.

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with an Epson 3880 printer.

30 seconds to open dialogue box, slow to change anything within it and slow to exit or print other than to cancel the dialogue box.

Same printer preferences through windows OK

All other applications OK.

Adobe please assist.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this started around the Windows 10 Fall release so I suspect it is in Windows not Photoshop, particularly as it hit 3 versions of Photoshop that I have installed, at the same time - two of which are old versions for which there was no change in software.

I have been told that Photoshop uses parts of the Windows print system that many apps do not which is why the symptom only shows for Photoshop.
I'm still looking though

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me nothing to do with Windows 10 as running Windows 7 and also printing from other apps using the same dialogs (e.g. from CorelDraw) is not a problem so definitely an Adobe/Ps issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is identifying the common factor as for the vast majority, myself included until a couple of months ago, this is not happening.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, so I was fed up with my print dialog issues and other CC performance problems (hangs and such). I had suspicions that the fact that I've been running the same Windows 10 install may have something to do with it, so I took the plunge and did a full Win10 and CC reinstall with fresh Nvidia drivers. It seems to have fixed the problem, the print dialog is instant now.

Now if Adobe could fix the PS text size preview glitch, that would wonderful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Text size preview was fixed in this week's 19.1.0 r.238 release

On the print dialogue I was thinking I may need to do a clean install. I'll give it a shot when I get some downtime

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully, the Win10 reinstall is dead simple and can be done in less time that you would imagine. Around an hour probably.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines