• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Dialog Boxes Slow to Open

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am running CS6 on a Win10 64bit machine. Recently the print dialog bxes in PS are extremely slow to open. I have 3 Epson printers (7890, P800, & XP-640). All have latest drivers, software & firmware. I have no problem printing via QImage; only PS. Checking I note that this is a fairly common issue. I have tried the following without success:

1. Changing default printer.

2. Deleting .aud fille (Program Data/Epson/Printer) It was only 6KB in size)

3. Could not find Net Driver HPZ12 service to delete

Printers are not on a network.

Any ideas?

--Alan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

I had the same problem with a clients computer. Updating the AMD Driver to 18.Q3 solved the problem.

Windows 10, i7 8700k, WX 5100, CC 2018.

Seems they found the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having 25+ second delay times when printing to an Epson P800 from Photoshop CC and also from Adobe InDesign. I replaced my AMD W5000 with an nVidia Quadro P2000 and that dropped the delay to around 4 seconds in each program. I then used the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and that dropped the delay to less than 1 second. Even though I had uninstalled all AMD software visible from settings, the utility found lots more to remove. You can find the utility here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Same experience here - replaced the AMD card with NVidia and normal printing was restored

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with a clients computer. Updating the AMD Driver to 18.Q3 solved the problem.

Windows 10, i7 8700k, WX 5100, CC 2018.

Seems they found the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but I am not using a graphics card,  just an inbuilt  Intel Hd Graphics Driver for Windows (15.33) version 5069. On Windows 10 version 1803 build 10.0.17134. When I try to print it takes minutes rather than seconds! Anyone have any ideas please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 x64 with a NVidia GeForce GTX 1060Ti Graphics Card and Photoshop 2021, Photoshop CS6, and Photoshop Elements 2019. I print larger size (12 x 18-inch) photos mainly with my Epson SureColor P-800 printer, and smaller photos with the Canon Pixma MX922 Printer.  The Print Dialog Box is slow to open and configure settings in both Photoshop 2021 and Photoshop Elements 2021, but not in Photoshop CS6 32-bit or 64-bit.  I also use Adobe Acrobat 2020 Pro, and I have no problem printing to my Canon Pixma MX922 printer. I decided to copy the Performance Settings that I have for Photoshop CS6 64-bit to see if that would fix the Pinrt Dialog Box problem in Photoshop 2021. It didn't help. I don't remember having this problem with Photoshop 2020. In Photoshop 2021's Performance Settings, I  can't change the Drawing mode for the Graphics Processor in Photoshop 2021, but can do it for Photoshop CS6, whose Print Dialog runs effortlessly. I've tried unininstalling and reinstalling Photoshop 2021, upgraded the NVidia driver, later deleted the Video Adapter in Device Manager, and tried to let Windows install the video adapter on its own. Windows 10 quickly found the NVidia Graphics card and when I tried to updte the driver, it found I had the latest version. I've rebooted my PC. I also did not have a Print problem with Photoshop Ellements 2019. My Epson SureColor P800 and Canon Pixma MX922 are running wirelessly on my Home Network.. Today, I had an additional problem with the Epson printer because it hadn't been used in several months, because my Photography classes are on Zoom due to the Pandemic, so there's no need to print anything in Photoshop 2021. I had to redo the Network Settings, and it took forever afterward for the Print Dialog Box to open, to pick the Epson printer and change the print settings, because I'd wanted to print a 12 x 18-inch photo on 13 x19 - inch photo paper.. I also had to print a small image,and decided to use the Canon printer. Same problem with the Print Dialog Box and the Print Settinsg.sI tried to print a test page from the latter printer (Canon), and it printed quickly, effortlessly. I installed the latest printer drivers for the Canon Pixma MX922 printer, then when I saw it didn't print better in Photoshop 2021, I uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it with the latest drivers. I'm going to check tomorrow, if there's a USB port left on the back of my PC. If so, I will set up the Canon printer as USB.The only reason I don't want to revert to Photoshop 2020 is due to the sky replacement feature now available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I partially solved the problem, at least in Photoshop 2021. Haven't tried it out in Photoshop Elements 2021. I decided to connect both my printers via USB, insteaed of keeping them as Network Printers. I was tired of losing the Passcode if the power went out or I hadn't used the Epson photo printer in a couple of weeks, since my Photo Classes are now on Zoom.  I made sure I had the most current drivers. I uninstalled the printers via Devices & Printers. I also checked Device Manager to see if there were any duplicate listing there. I deleted the Network ports. I rebooted the PC, and then reinstalled the printer drivers for my Epson SureColor P800 photo printer, and for my Canon Pixma MX922 Printer/Scanner, designating them as being connnected via USB. I made a test print. I made sure I could share both printers on our home Network. I checked in Device Manager to see if Windows could update both printers with a better printer driver. A message came up telling me I had the correct driver for each. I'd previously updated my NVidia Driver in the last posting. I did it thru the NVidia  GeForce Experience. I also had Windows 10 check if I needed to update anything else.

I still find the Print Dialog Box slower with Photoshop 2021, faster with Photoshop CS6, but it doesn't seem to crash as before. When I go to print a photo, I first make sure I choose all the settings I need immediately within the Photoshop 2021 Print Dialog Box, including that I want Photoshop to manage the Colors, and use Black Point Compensation, and choose the name of the Red River Catalog Photo Paper from the Dropdown box, then click on the Properties button to choose additional Epson printer settings.  It takes 5-10 seconds for the Epson's Properties box to open up, so that I can choose the paper size, usually 13 x 19-inches or sometimes 11 x14-inches and the number of copies. Since I'm using Red River Catalog Paper with the Epson printer, I have to change the type of photo paper to what I've previously putchased, usually the Luster Setting. I choose the Quality Setting  (not Custom Quality Settring) and Print Preview. I click on OK. Another 5-10 seconds go by and I see how my image looks in the Print Preview Dialog Box. I click on OK, and then the printer starts printing.The colors are saturated and beautiful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has plagued me for years. I’ve searched countless forums for answers and nothing ever helped. I resorted to reformatting the computer and starting fresh multiple times, but after 6-12 months the issue seems to pop up again. I FINALLY found a solution that solved this for me, and hopefully this can help someone else.
I was able to narrow the issue down to one particular printer (we are a print shop and we have several.) This printer was the default in Windows. If I opened the drop down menu in a print dialog to select a printer, I could select any others with ease. But if I tried to go back to the default printer, the dialog box would hang for ten seconds.
Apparently this all hinges on the driver. It’s not enough to just update the driver or select a different driver, you have to remove and reinstall the driver. Not the printer, the driver. Go to the Printers and Devices from the control panel (not Settings in Windows 10.) Right click the offending printer, and select “printer properties.” On the advanced tab, choose a different driver from the drop down menu. It doesn’t matter which one, just not the one you are deleting. Windows won’t allow you to delete the driver if the printer still uses it. Apply the change and exit properties. Next, single click on the printer so it’s selected and then click “Print Server Properties” on the bar along the top of the window. Go to the drivers tab, select the offending driver, and then click remove. I don’t know if it makes a difference but I chose to remove driver and driver packages for the sake of being thorough. After doing this, go back to the printer properties of the printer in question and install a new driver. That’s it. My nearly decade long problem went away completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines