• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print lightness correction via Adjustment Layer

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create an adjustment for lightening prints that tend to print to dark. I created a print template in Photoshop with the adjustment layyer included, but I now find it doesn't connect to or affect the image I place onto that page. Does an adjustment layer need to be applied after the image is placed? Or can I link to an image after. I somehow thought if an adjustment layer is at the top it would apply to all layers below it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Thanks for that. I just revisited the file to see if I'd done anyyy of that and found the adjustment layer had somehow a 25% Opacity applied to it, even though I'd not touched that slider. Very strange but I've learnt some more from what you have explained here. Its working OK now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rusty.

You have probably accidently created a mask only affecting the layer that was selected when you created the adjustment layer. Make sure no layers are selected when you create the adjustment layer.

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(edit: if an object is selected) will send a vid to explain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that. I just revisited the file to see if I'd done anyyy of that and found the adjustment layer had somehow a 25% Opacity applied to it, even though I'd not touched that slider. Very strange but I've learnt some more from what you have explained here. Its working OK now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mis read a bit here, but similar principles apply, so make sure that the adjustment layer mask is white or delete the mask entirely.

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines