Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Line Streaks

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Canon Pixma Pro 200 printer but I'm having trouble figuring out the best print setting for a vector design with a lot of gradient. On the standard setting I'm able to see a lot of print lines which should be clear from the attached photo. 

Any suggestions on how I should adjust the settings would be welcomed

Sincerely

Daniel 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bands in the picture seem to be evenly spaced, and don’t seem to be tied to a specific gradient direction. That suggests the bands are not tied to the document, but possibly to the printer.

If this is your first inkjet printer, have you run a nozzle check recently? Clogged nozzles can result in regularly spaced unwanted bands in the print, because they contain rows where ink should have been laid down but were not. If a nozzle check shows one or more clogged nozzles, running a print head cleaning cycle could clear it up.

There is a less likely chance that it’s a moiré pattern caused by the document resolution vs the printer resolution. What are the pixel dimensions (width in pixels by height in pixels) of the document?

Does it change if you change the print quality setting? Although Standard should be good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conrad, 

Thanks for taking the time to answer my Q. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the nozzle as it passed the print test so I'm focusing my attention on the photoshop printing options. It looks like if I add about 10% of noise to a highly-gradiated art file it fixes the print lines with a minor side effect of some extra dotting. Let me know if you have a better solution.

Sincerely

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conrad,

Unfortunately the plot has thickened. When trying a different gradient design I got lines in certain areas of the image but they weren't uniform throughout.

I'm wondering what settings you'd suggest when I go to the print section on PS?

I've been trying with 16 Bit, Normal Printing, Printer Mange Colors, Relative/Absolute Colormetric

Would love to hear your thoughts

Sincerely

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to admit I’m not sure where to go from here. Maybe it’s because I’m more familiar with Epson inkjet printers than Canon. Adding noise is a technique that does help with printing gradients in general, though.

I don’t think the 16 bits per pixel setting makes much difference, and wouldn’t expect it to improve this any.

Hopefully a Canon user will see this thread and have better advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines