Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printer recommendations

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Looking for a recommendation for a photo printer, hopefully sub £300. Find I'm working on a lot of photoshop images but doing nothing with them, and wanting to print at home. Likely only needing A4 or smaller, but if worth going for A3 would consider. 

Worried about buying something and getting poor photos. 

Also, cost of ink could be a factor too. I hear there are new ink tanks out there?

Thanks in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but under £300 you wont find anything GOOD for your purpose.

https://uk.pcmag.com/photo-printers/7928/the-best-photo-printers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Many thanks for your reply.  Maybe I wasn't clear on my need, and purpose.

Essentially I am no more than a hobby photoshop user, so anything I do is purely personal, and not for professional purposes (I wish I was good enough for that!)

I found, after reading many reviews, the Canon Pixma G650 was getting good photo printing reviews, and opted for one of those.  It arrived today, and in the few images I've printed so far, I'd be hard pushed to differentiate professionally printed photos to what this can do.

So just in case anyone else is looking for something similar and for the same needs, not sure I could have done better.

Regards, Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a Canon Pixma G2200 and a G3200.

They print great and are very inexpensive to use since they also are Mega Tank printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to say a decent printer should serve your needs well.

I should note: You'd get the best quality by printing the highest-quality the printer can print at on top of using high-quality paper to match. (Epson, e.g., has glossy paper with a high-quality glossy print setting to match for best results.) The only problem with that is it can use ink like the dickens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm really impressed with this one, the G650.  I am using Canon GP-501 paper, and the images are stunning. 

I'll get some heavier paper eventually and see what the difference is there.  Still to see who does what, Canon, Epson etc.  Time to experiment 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines