• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing a Color Atlas from Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to print a color atlas to help me with matching colors from Photoshop to my printer. It's a tool that I have in other softwares, such as NedGraphics, but can't seem to find in Photoshop. A color atlas is a scale with hundreds of different colors with their specific color codes and/or hexadecimal values. Once printed, a color atlas helps you identify the exact color you want to have printed, so you know which color info to enter into your software in order to accomplish it. Does anyone know how to find this in Photoshop, or any third part tool that can help with that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There already is such a tool. It's called icc profiles, and it's vastly more accurate.

Hex values do not refer to actual colors, popular myths notwithstanding. It's just base 16 notation for RGB numbers, and as such undefined until associated with a specific color space. Before modern color management, it was just a convenient way to refer to screen colors. It was the best they had.

The reason hex has survived, despite being basically outdated, must be that it sounds geekish and computerish, so people assume it must be "accurate".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really asking about color profile. I can see a close correlation to my question, though. Aprecciate the attempt to help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines