• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing B&W Images on Inkjet Printer

Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often print BW images that were converted from RGB. I print on a Canon Pro 100, using the excellent Moab Baryta Juniper paper. This paper tends to be slightly warm. I prefer my B&W prints to not have any color cast, and emulate true B&W prints as much as possible on an inkjet printer.

I typically start with an RGB image that have a B&W filter added (to control densities, etc). It is an RGB image when I print. On the Moab paper, the prints tend to be too warm. They are cooler on Canon paper (but that is inferior to the Moab IMO). I typically use the "Black & White Photo Print" under Quality & Media. I just made a print on the Moab paper where I FORGOT to click "Black & White Photo Print". This print came came out looking more like a traditional B&W print than anything else has on the Moab Paper. Edit: Closer inspection reveals a VERY slight blue cast, which would be more pronounced on a cooler paper. So I have NOT found the hole grail for this task.

I realize that there are a lot of "voodoo" options when print greyscale images. this this to be "the new black" to me.

I'm wondering if any print experts have discovered other useful quirks for getting quality B&W prints from Inkjet Printers?

Also, is there a way to generate a log from printing via PShop? It would be very helpful to have a log of file names, dates, print settings etc.

Thanks!

(I print through Photoshop print engine, not Canon app, on a Mac.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe