• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing between 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two images with the same height but different widths. One of these images has to be printed onto an 8.5 x 14. However, when I print on to that paper, it becomes way too big. That's after make sure the image doesn't fit the size of paper. The height of the image on the 8.5 x 14 should same as the height of my image on the 8.5 x 11, but it's not. Also, I did check that both images are of the same height to make sure and they do. How do I fix this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, both pictures are landscapes and not portraits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your  two images are landscapes  one is wider then the other.  If the wider image has an aspect ratio that is 140:85 and the  other image has a 110:85 aspect ratio they will print borderless on 14" x  8.5" and 11" x 8.5" paper in as landscape images. You just need to set the correct Print ppi resolution for the two images. To print on legal and letter paper stock.  If they do not have those aspect ratio you will need to fit the images to the  paper's aspect  ratio. There will be a boarders on the left and right sides of the images when printed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the wider one width is 298 mm and a height of 190 mm. the other image has a height of 190 mm and a width of 284 mm. Does that change anything? I need them to print in those exact sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Your images have different aspect ratio than you Paper you need to set your images Print  ppi  resolution the they fit on your papers.  There will be boarders on the left and right side of the images printed.  Use Image size. Un-Check resample. Set the 190mm side to 8.5" Photoshop will calculate what the Print PPI resolution will be set  that that and the wider side length.  The images will then print on your papers so they a fill the 8.5" the dimension and not  fill the 11" and 14" dimensions

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need it to have 190 mm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then set the Image height to 190mm in Image size with Resample not checked. 190mm is 7.5" there will be boarders on all four side of the printed images.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines