Highlighted

Printing custom printer profiles with Adobe Color Printer Utility

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since installing Catalina on my IMAC I have managed to, with difficulty, also install Adobe Color Print Utility only to find that it will not function and only appears "greyed out".   As a result printing target patches for custom printer profiling seems to be difficult or impossible.  Can we have an upgrade to Adobe Color Printer or restore the "No Color Management" selection in Photoshop &/or Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing custom printer profiles with Adobe Color Printer Utility

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since installing Catalina on my IMAC I have managed to, with difficulty, also install Adobe Color Print Utility only to find that it will not function and only appears "greyed out".   As a result printing target patches for custom printer profiling seems to be difficult or impossible.  Can we have an upgrade to Adobe Color Printer or restore the "No Color Management" selection in Photoshop &/or Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

is it behaving differently in Catalina? you've used it before and it was OK?

I dont use Catalina - but when I open the ACPU it automatically shows a file / open dialog - in that I select and open the patches file and now I can print

what happens when you start the ACPU? at what stage do you get the greyed out interface?

please include screenshots

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble including screen shots.  File image exceedsmaximum allowed size   Have triedncompressing but am told resulting zip file is not supported.  How can Iget screenshots to you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A jpeg screenshot should not exceed the maximum size of an image attachment even on a 4K or 8K screen (use the image icon at the top of the posting box)

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded it and installed it in MacOS Catalina and it works fine. You do have to give permissions to run it, because it's old and unsigned. Download it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/no-color-management-option-missing.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you give permission to run?  Afraid I am out of my depth with this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you first try to run it, you will get a message that it could not run because it was unsigned. If I remember correctly, the buttons you can click are 'Cancel' and 'Trash' (or something like that). Click 'Cancel'. Then go to System Preferences - Security & Privacy'. In the 'General' tab you will see a message that the app tried to run. Now you can allow that. The next time you try to run the app it should work fine.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0