• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing in photoshop CS5 problem

New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IN photoshop CS5 when you select to print 8 copies of an image only one comes out of the printer...

worked fine with cs3 cs4

any input?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Well, nobody reported these print problems until CS5 had been out a few weeks.

We're looking into it, and have identified some of the underlying problems (older printer drivers not working with the Vista/Win7 printing system).

It may be a while before we (and Microsoft) can come up with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 118 Replies 118
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris do you honestly not see a fix for cs5 for a while? weeks months or until cs6 comes out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris do you honestly not see a fix for cs5 for a while?

We are hoping to fix it in the near term.  I can't promise a date, and some of the fix may be dependent on Microsoft's assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

thank you so much for logging and responding to this problem.

Here are specific details about my system.

i7 intel with 8 gig ram, w/ Nvidia 275 vid card with Win 7 (64 bit),

brand new Jan 2010

Using Epson 4800 with latest drivers for 64 bit win system per their web

site, epsonusa.com

I installed CS4 Photoshop (32 bit) extended in Jan 2010and this worked

well in all aspects; never a problem loading PS; never prob with print

screens;

I installed CS5 Photoshop (64) and it worked with win 7 well for 2

weeks. I had no problem with the epson driver for the 4800. It printed

expediently. I used two of the new content aware fill, hdr, and the

puppet business...it all worked nicely. Then like I said after two weeks

it completely stopped. I had only added a wstfp update for win 7 to my

computer. I rolled it back to prior that new update and no

difference...no PS 64 bit.

And it continues to give me dreaded "PS ...has stopped working..." and

the event described below. I took the computer to a repair shop and they

said I had bad ram, replaced the module and said the 64 bit photoshops

would not work and for me to watch the forums for solutions.

I returned to using CS 4 and 5 PS 32 bit programs. BUT now with both

programs the printing is completely slowed down. Both 32 bit PS seem to

work as fast as they both did. When I click on print, it takes 90

seconds for the main print menu to come up. After the print screen is up

and I want to modify the paper source or icc driver it takes almost 70

seconds for the choice menu to appear; if I cancel the menu from any

epson print er screen it takes 90s to vacate the program; after I make

my different choices and I click ok to actually print it takes almost

two minutes for the print to start printing. It makes no difference

whether I print to 'spool' or print directly to the printer..it makes no

difference if the file is a 8k gif or a 500K psd or a 500 meg psd.....it

all takes a good two minutes.This same thing happens inCS 5 Illustrator.

I have not reinstalled my Lightroom...because this is all too frustrating.

I am about to dump the win 7 and install it as a win 7 32bit system. And

hope that the epson drivers return to their old abilities.

Again, I appreciate your moderation of the forum, tis good you have a

thick skin. I also work with the public and can appreciate your style

and effort at helping all of us --even though we are about to scream and

shout obscenities. Thanks -sincerely and please don't burn out.

Dr, Z

This event viewer records the below up every time I start CS 4 PS (64

bit) or CS5 PS (64 bit):

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp:

0x4bbc5b10

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp:

0x4a5be02b

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000c6cd2

Faulting process id: 0x1694

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb02c291014661

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5

(64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: d829ccd9-6eb5-11df-83ec-4061860d5bae

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dr.Z - the long time to load and exit the printing dialog sounds like there is a problem with the printer driver (possibly communication errors with the printer).

After serious RAM problems, it is usually a good idea to reinstall/repair the OS and apps, to get rid of corrupted files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2010 Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will reinstall the windows 7...can't get to til this weekend.

z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris
thank you so much for logging and responding to this problem.
Here are specific details about my system.

i7 intel with 8 gig ram, w/ Nvidia 275 vid card with Win 7 (64 bit), brand new Jan 2010
Using Epson 4800 with latest drivers for 64 bit win system per their web site, epsonusa.com

I installed CS4 Photoshop (32 bit) extended in Jan 2010and this worked well in all aspects; never a problem loading PS; never prob with print screens;
I installed CS5 Photoshop (64) and it worked with win 7 well for 2 weeks. I had no problem with the epson driver for the 4800. It printed expediently. I used two of the new content aware fill, hdr, and the puppet business...it all worked nicely. Then like I said after two weeks it completely stopped. I had only added a wstfp update for win 7 to my computer. I rolled it back to prior that new update and no difference...no PS 64 bit.

And it continues to give me dreaded "PS ...has stopped working..." and the event described below. I took the computer to a repair shop and they said I had bad ram, replaced the module and said the 64 bit photoshops would not work and for me to watch the forums for solutions.

I returned to using CS 4 and 5 PS 32 bit programs. BUT now with both programs the printing is completely slowed down. Both 32 bit PS seem to work as fast as they both did. When I click on print, it takes 90 seconds for the main print menu to come up. After the print screen is up and I want to modify the paper source or icc driver it takes almost 70 seconds for the choice menu to appear; if I cancel the menu from any epson print er screen it takes 90s to vacate the program; after I make my different choices and I click ok to actually print it takes almost two minutes for the print to start printing. It makes no difference whether I print to 'spool' or print directly to the printer..it makes no difference if the file is a 8k gif or a 500K psd or a 500 meg psd.....it all takes a good two minutes.This same thing happens inCS 5 Illustrator. I have not reinstalled my Lightroom...because this is all too frustrating.

I am about to dump the win 7 and install it as a win 7 32bit system. And hope that the epson drivers return to their old abilities.

Again, I appreciate your moderation of the forum, tis good you have a thick skin. I also work with the public and can appreciate your style and effort at helping all of us --even though we are about to scream and shout obscenities. Thanks -sincerely and please don't burn out.

Dr, Z

This event viewer records the below up every time I start CS 4 PS (64 bit) or CS5 PS (64 bit):

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bbc5b10
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be02b
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000c6cd2
Faulting process id: 0x1694
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb02c291014661
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: d829ccd9-6eb5-11df-83ec-4061860d5bae

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Please tell me the exact version of your printer driver. You should be able to go to Start > Control Panel (or Start > Settings > Control Panel), choose Printers, right-click on your printer and choose Properties. Somewhere in there will be the driver version or a tab called Version.

Thanks!

tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got exactly the same set of problems. CS5 and Win 7.

Have the latest drivers from Epson all other software is up to date..

Can't do more than one print to the same printer without having to select a different printer then reselect the printer I want otherwise the thing tells me the printer it has just printed to does not exist.

The loosing the profile from print to print in the same session is also a pain as if I keep having to reselect the profile  inevitably it is going to get missed from time to time.

Can't wait for the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked on Epson's website and found that version 6.61 of the Epson driver is available, while I have 6.60. I downloaded and installed it (and rebooted even though the installer does not request a reboot).

Good news: The problem with losing settings and the error dialog upon clicking the PRINT SETTINGS button are FIXED.

Not so good news: The problem of only printing one copy is NOT FIXED. Printing multiple copies still prints only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got both your emails - thank you so much!

tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2010 Jun 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is within CS5! Thats it. Windows 7, XP & Vista are all fine and dont need to be reinstalled. All printers work fine too. Everyone is going crazy trying to figure out this mess and spining there wheels over this.

This is the ONLY way to get multiple prints out of your CS5.

File>Print

Choose your printer (in this case I'm using an Epson 7800)

Print Settings>Page Layout>Copies> (choose qty) OK (you will notice that the copies box will now show the amount you just put in from the previous page.

Print>

That should work just fine. I have been doing this all week and have not had one issue.

PS shame on Adobe for not fixing that simple problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that there are other printing problems in CS5 as well.  I started a discussion at Luminous Landscape a few days ago about prints not centering properly in CS5 (worked fine in CS3).  At least one other person reported a similar problem.  Both of us on Epsons in a Win7 64 environment with the latest Epson 64 bit drivers loaded.  Had one print that just output the bottom third of the image.  Odd happenings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Epson drivers for what printer models?

And what driver versions?

Older printer drivers on Win7 are causing an awful lot of problems.  The new print ticket system isn't meshing well with the old style drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I completely reinstalled a new version of win 7 (it backed the old into a

folder windows.old). As you suggested after a bad ram episode, one should

replace the OS which I did. I am completely enjoying a fully operational

CS5 Photoshop 64 bit & LightRoom 64 bit. Theses programs are completely

functioning. My Epson 4800 printer with the 64 bit driver is working

wonderfully normal for print copy, print, and allowing modification of sub

menu items. There are no waits of 90 seconds for any screen. The color is a

good starting place (will calibrate the screen & prints later tomorrow) and

choices for roll, manual feed, and paper tray are all working properly. I

haven't checked the paper centering...later this weekend. So My troubles

seemed to be the ram and the scrambled "X" files from some errant disrupted

files. Will see if the win 7 can keep it up with endurance...

thanks again for you help and things are off to a good rehabilitation.

The epson driver is epson12534.exe posted on 03/07/2008.

Dr. Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dr Z - glad to hear that you're back up and running.

Thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 PRINTING QUESTION1. Has this issue been resolved? I want to upgrade to one of the CS5 Suites from a CS2 PremiumDesign Suite currently running on both a WinXP and a WinVista system (Win7 by end of year). I run 4 printers on the network: HP Z3200, HP Photosmart 8750, Epson 2200 and a Canon IPF7200. I do NOT use a global third-party RIP and instead use the the Win-compliant drivers for each printer. My color-management is a MONACO-Optix/EZColor profiling system (now X-rite). I've so far managed well enough without a system RIP but I have been hoping for far more advanced controls from ADOBE in any of the newer CS Suites. I understand that CS3 was a BIG improvement (at least for Photoshop) BUT it doesn't sound like any other advances have been made from CS 3 thru 5. I currently print from CS2Illustrator rather than CS2Photoshop because the controls are much more advanced at the point of print-dialog. QUESTION2: Within the CS5 Suite is there a "global print solution app" (i.e., within the BRIDGE)? or can I print from the InDesign or Illustrator apps with more advanced controls than Photoshop? My current CS2 AcrobatPDF also has had poor print controls. In short I want to use Adobe for design AND a lightweight production RIP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dino,

MY printing problems have been taken care of using CS 5 Photoshop and Illustrator with the simple HP laser jet and Epson 4800 printers. I have had no problems with loading my printer-paper profiles and matching previous test prints from earlier CS 3 and CS 4 photoshop/illustrator files. Both programs work as expected for loading big, big files and the menus come up quickly. I still have trouble updating the new Bridge, otherwise all works well within Win 7 64 bit. Apparently my problem was caused by a bad RAM which I replaced and didn't realized that I needed to reinstall Win 7...which I did and returned all to working well.

z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AJZ-

Thank you - my wife's Win7 has also had multiple issues but those have been resolved - obviously I have waited to bring Win7 into my digital workflow which is more at> single-run graphics and giclee rather than volume printing. Glad to hear CS5 is working out...

DB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having problems printing out of CS5. I have the same issues printing multiple copies-I'll tell it to print 5 copies and it'll print 1. Then occasionally it will decide to print the other 4. My major problem though, is CS5's wanting to return to what it thinks should be the printer profile settings. First off let me list my systems. This problem occurs on both.

#1 Windows XP, latest service pack, latest updates.

4 GB of RAM

512 GB HDD

Printing to an Epson 4800 and a 9800 with the latest drivers from Epson's Website.

#2 Windows 7 64-bit, latest service pack, latest updates.

6 GB of RAM

512 GB HDD

Printing to an Epson 3800 with the latest drivers from Epson's Website.

When I choose a different printer from what's listed by default...aka when I choose the 9800 when the 4800 is default, it switches the printer profile to the generic 'Epson 7800 9800' profile. If I then choose the 4800 it changes it to the generic 'Epson 4800' profile. I get that this was an attempt by Adobe to get those who don't know profiling well better results by having PS automatically choose the generic profile from the manufacturer but I run a print shop and use my own in house profiles. It seems that when I then change the profile to one of my own profiles, reguardless of what PS is showing me, it still uses the generic profiles or simply doesn't profile the print at all, as my prints turn out much lighter than they should...which is actually opposite of what normally happens, normally my prints are slightly darker than the screen. The truly annoying thing is occasionally it will print properly with the profile that I selected and I can not determine for what reason it worked or didn't work. I have reinstalled CS4 as it continues to print as it should in both the XP and the Win 7 64-bit environments.

I've noticed that CS5 holds onto the printer settings, aka if I choose 1440 High Speed settings then close PS and come back to it the settings are retained. I can see how this would help those people who don't setup default printing setting through the Windows Printing Properties screen. However, I do set my preferred settings outside of PS and so I don't need it to remember how I had last set up the printer, in fact, occasionally it messes me up because I send a print set to High Speed when I didn't mean to, or something like that. I assume that the profile problem is related to this holding of the print settings combined with CS5's choosing the 'proper' profile for me.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem when using your own profiles or when using profiles supplied by your media provider?

Shawn Tolle, Print Master, Roadside Printing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds frustrating.

I almost exclusively make single prints. I am using a win 7 64 bit with

8 gig ram machine.

I was able to solve my problem ultimately by completely reinstalling Win

7 and CS5 again. My initial printing prob was a bad ram slot. Most

programs worked excepting the 64 bit PS and Lightroom...after replacing

the bad ram, win 7 and epson print screens just did not come up quickly

(e.g. 90 seconds to appear after clicking simple Print). I completely

reinstalled win 7 (it creates an windows.old folder with all the

previous programs) and then reinstalled CS5. After this installation, my

Bridge would not bring up Downloader and would not allow it to update

itself to the latest update....I had to then reinstall Indesign which

also had Bridge reinstall itself (I didn't want to reinstall PS as I had

customized a number of things)...so now all things work.

I tend to used Museo Silver Rag papers with their profile and luster

paper choice occasionally on an epson 4800. LIke yourself, I sometimes

don't get why the print menu doesn't keep my last setting...I often

switch betwn roll paper and manual test sheets...sometimes it remembers;

some times it doesn't...vigilance is the key and I always recheck ALL

the paper settings especially when making my 17 by 32 images....I never

did find much difference betwn high speed and not high speed. My prints

have been pretty consistent in the past 3 weeks of work after win7/C5

reinstall. Also, I had great responses from the Adobe people via these

forums. They deserve some sincere thanks.

z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2010 Jun 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't for certain what printer the other person was using but I'm working with a 3800.  Both of us are in Win7 64; however, and both, as noted, have the latest 64 bit drivers for Win7 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2010 Jul 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS CS5 12.0.1 x64

Epson R2400

Epson Easy Photo Print v1.51
Windows 7 32-bit Edition, Windows 7 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista 32-bit Edition, Windows Vista 64-bit Edition, Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit Edition, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98
epson13488.exe - 32MB - posted on 07/15/08

Will not hold printer settings. Worked perfectly with CS4.

RonnyMills

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2010 Jul 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was super excited to see the update for CS5. Unfortunately, this doesn't correct ANY of the printing BUGS that have been mentioned. In the past there has usually been just a .01 update for each version of photoshop. Does this mean we have to wait for CS6 before the issue is resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2010 Jul 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're still working with Microsoft to figure out how to make older drivers work correctly with the new Vista/Win7 printing APIs.

12.0.1 does contain several workarounds for printing to make CS5 work with older drivers.

Of course, if there are still problems, we need to know the details so we can get back to Microsoft about the remaining issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2010 Jul 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. What are the workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines