Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Labels

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to photoshop and am trying to keep things as simple as possible. I am wanting to print labels for apothecary bottles, have already created my label, and simply wish to repeat it to print on one page. I have been looking for answers as to how to do this, but nothing seems to work in the updated version of Photoshop.

For instance, someone suggested "placing" the image and then duplicating the layer, but when I tried that I couldn't figure out how to move the layers to manually fit them to the page (and as far as I know the layers were not locked.) I would love a quick and easy way to do this. I also want to make sure that when I save the sheet as a pdf, I can easily print at FedEx as I do not have a printer at home.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You move the layers with the Move tool (V). Look the the options bar for the Move tool — AutoSelect is enabled by default, and you might want to turn it off. Then select the layer in the Layers panel and drag it using the Move tool

What kind of paper will the labels be printed on? If it will be Avery labels (or Avery compatible), they have numbers and each number matches to a template so that all the labels line up.

• If you are using Microsoft Word, those numbers can be selected and Word will create a table with the correct margins and cell size.
  • If you are using an application that has tables, such as InDesign, there are instructions for creating the table so it will match the labels.

Photoshop does not have a table feature, so you may need to measure and add guides so that your artwork matches the label sheet. Check with FedEx or other print shop before you get too far in your project to make sure you are giving them something that will work.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines