Highlighted

printing measurements on image

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - 

I'm using photos to document specimens on a fixed background.  I'm using the measure tool and measurement recording to make measurements of various dimensions of each specimen.  I'd like to be able to print those measurements directly on the image.  Right now I'm actually using the line tool to create a measurement line for each dimension, and then the text tool to put the measurement next to it.  I'm hoping that there is a script or plugin that can automate this process - for example, I'd take the measurement and then it would automatically lay down a stroke and the measurement number next to it.  Anyone able to help?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

printing measurements on image

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - 

I'm using photos to document specimens on a fixed background.  I'm using the measure tool and measurement recording to make measurements of various dimensions of each specimen.  I'd like to be able to print those measurements directly on the image.  Right now I'm actually using the line tool to create a measurement line for each dimension, and then the text tool to put the measurement next to it.  I'm hoping that there is a script or plugin that can automate this process - for example, I'd take the measurement and then it would automatically lay down a stroke and the measurement number next to it.  Anyone able to help?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 20, 2020 0
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try using the measurement tool that sits within the Vanishing Point filter and ensure Render Measurements to Photoshop is checked before closing the filter

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0