• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing problems: File spools and disappears

New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am printing from a Mac (Mojave) to an Epson printer. My PS files spool (slowly) and then disappear.

I am able to print from other applications (Word and Preview) so it is not the printer that is the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

That shouldn't be happening, let's make it right!

As the file spools and then disappear, could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you're working on?

• Did this issue start happening after a software update?
  • Have you tried updating the printer drivers and see if that helps?

Could you please try pressing and holding the Space key on the keyboard when you hit File > Print in Photoshop and let us know how it goes?

If that does not help then try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps. Preferences in Photoshop

Note: Before resetting the preferences, please make sure that you back up the custom presets, actions, brushes etc.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am not sure when the issue began.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled printer drivers and printer itself.

I was on a chat with Adobe support for 2 hours and thought the issue was resolved. the agent reset all of my preferences and I was able to print one PSD file (small, text only). But after we hung up the problem was back

I have tried allowing both the printer and PS to manage colors. No matter what I do, the job spools and disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information with us. Could you please try removing the printer drivers completely and then reinstall them again and let us know if it helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to print after uninstalling and reinstalling PS CC.

I made several prints without issue.

And then the same problem returned. File spools very slowly and then disappears.

Or it stays at 0% spooled and then says it cannot find remote host.

I am certain the issue is with PS and not with my printer.

I was on a chat with PS for 4 hours the other day and received NO help.

Is there some way to escalate this so that I can reliably print from PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand this remark.

https://forums.adobe.com/people/jessica+eve  wrote

and then says it cannot find remote host.

Are you using a networked printer?   Can you tell us more about your set-up?

What is the file type amd file size you're trying to print on Epson?

Can you print to Adobe PDF instead?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an epson 3880 and a Mac with latest OS.

My printer is connected to my modem and modem is connected to computer.

I was printing a few hours ago and then without changing anything, my print jobs began spooling and then disappearing, a problem that has plagued me before.

Since then I have I have unistalled and reinstalled both PS and my Epson printer.

I have tried printing jpgs and small psd files.

And yes, I CAN print a pdf.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  It sounds like a disconnect between modem & printer.   As a test, can you plug your printer directly into your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and when printer is connected directly to computer it is not recognized.

Now that it is going through the modem, the job will spool, but it will not print.

If it were an issue between modem and printer why would a pdf doc print and not PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I was printing earlier today with no issues.

I tried printing again just now and have a new error message:

Remote host did not accept data file (32)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also see that my printer supply levels are updated. if the printer were not communicating with the modem/computer, wouldn't these ink level readings be out of date?

Thanks very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when the job is spooling, the green light is flashing on the printer to indicate that a file is incoming.

When the job disappears from print queue, the green light also stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now printing!

I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer for the umpteenth time and it is now printing.
Cannot find any logical reason this is happening. But happy to be printing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's working.  Next time it happens, contact Epson. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be some fringe error occurring on the OS ( make sure you have the latest driver for your particular OSX ).  Typically what happens when I print to my Epson 3880 is the file is sent to the printer and uses the computer's HD for spooling.  In your case, the file gets sent to the modem ( not sure if the modem has disk space, or if it does, enough to spool the file and send it on to the printer ).  What is confusing me is the printer not being recognized when it is connected direct to the CPU.  This may be the root of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file that won't print no matter what I try...then I tried holding down the space bar and it printed. What does that mean and what are the next steps? I don't see any instructions on what to do if holding the Space key down works. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is basically the same thing that started happening to me (I posted the problem in a new thread before I saw this), except that if I connect my Epson printer,which usually uses WiFi, by USB, it does get recognized by my Mac (Big Sur), and the same problem happens. It also happens when I log in as a new, clean user.

I just discovered that when my color management setting is "Let printer manage colors" the problem doesn't occur, it's only when Photoshop manages colors.

My laptop HD is pretty full; could that cause this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines