Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a fully maxed our Mac Pro (2019) with 

2.5 GHz 28-Core Intel Xeon W

1.5 TB 2933 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB

Catalina Version 10.15.7

When I use Photoshop and Illustrator under Preferences, then Performance the Graphics Processor Settings are greyed out and won't allow me to check Use Graphics Processor. Both programs are slightly laggy. In Photoshop, if I have a graphic or image on the screen and I change to Safari or another program and then return to Photoshop my image appears greyed out and not visable until I click the zoom tool. 

I had to send my screen back to apple to get a replacement because it had a red line through it. When my Pro Display XDR screen was sent back I used a Vizeo E40-D0 television screen as my monitor. All of a sudden my Use Graphics Processor option was checked in both programs and no longer grayed out with an error message. It worked perfect. Fast forward ahead - my new Apple Pro Display XDR screen arrived. When I changed back to the XDR the Processor Settings breifly worked and then when I restarted the computer they no longer work again. This has to be caused by the XDR screen. I've spoken with Adobe Support and had them change all my settings, redownload Photoshop, install old versions, change settings and nothing fixes it. I've talked with Apple as well as AMD and they all blame the other guy. The latest tech for Adobe said it was a known issue and would most likely be addressed in Oct/Nov? Does anyone have any fixes or suggestions?

Thank you!

Brian

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pro Display XDR Causing Photoshop Issues

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a fully maxed our Mac Pro (2019) with 

2.5 GHz 28-Core Intel Xeon W

1.5 TB 2933 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB

Catalina Version 10.15.7

When I use Photoshop and Illustrator under Preferences, then Performance the Graphics Processor Settings are greyed out and won't allow me to check Use Graphics Processor. Both programs are slightly laggy. In Photoshop, if I have a graphic or image on the screen and I change to Safari or another program and then return to Photoshop my image appears greyed out and not visable until I click the zoom tool. 

I had to send my screen back to apple to get a replacement because it had a red line through it. When my Pro Display XDR screen was sent back I used a Vizeo E40-D0 television screen as my monitor. All of a sudden my Use Graphics Processor option was checked in both programs and no longer grayed out with an error message. It worked perfect. Fast forward ahead - my new Apple Pro Display XDR screen arrived. When I changed back to the XDR the Processor Settings breifly worked and then when I restarted the computer they no longer work again. This has to be caused by the XDR screen. I've spoken with Adobe Support and had them change all my settings, redownload Photoshop, install old versions, change settings and nothing fixes it. I've talked with Apple as well as AMD and they all blame the other guy. The latest tech for Adobe said it was a known issue and would most likely be addressed in Oct/Nov? Does anyone have any fixes or suggestions?

Thank you!

Brian

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0

Have something to add?