• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem changing sizes in a specific format

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to the most current photoshop.In my old photoshop I had no problem with changing the sizes and particular pixels.I have to submit my images in the specific format and I can now longer do it, what am I doing wrong?Here's what I need: I need to format to 1920x1920, 150 dpi, and I have to keep it under 5MB in jpeg 

Can someone help me? I feel like I am just missing something easy to let me save in this format (main problem is it keeps jumping back up to over 10MB 😞

Thanks in advance

~michelle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you save the image as a JPG adjust the compression to reduce the size of the original from 10.5MB to a lower size that suits your requirements.

By the way, the term for screen resolution is Pixels Per Inch (PPI) – DPI is Dots Per Inch and that's the term that's used for printer resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll jump on my PC and see if I can do that. Also, yes I realized I should've wr itten PPI after I sent the question 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still telling me that the image size is 10.5 MG even when I save in low quality (which I don't want to do) 

this has be edited in the Image size editing area? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop will show you the uncompressed file size, which is 10.5 MB for a 1920 x 1920 image.

Use the File Explorer (Windows) or the Finder (Mac) to see what the compressed file size (size on disk) is.

It should be well below 5 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The others are correct but here is some more detail.

If you are looking at the file size in Image Size, that isn’t the JPEG size, it’s the uncompressed size.

If you want to preview what the file size is going to be as JPEG, you must do it one of the places where JPEGs are exported: The Save As dialog box, the Save for Web (Legacy) dialog box, or the Export As dialog box. You can see examples and pictures in another post in this forum:

Image size viewing options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines