Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem editing in PS after editing an outside JPEG

Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Adobeites,

I received a JPEG file of a building from an acquaintence. I used it for practice with the Pen tool and Paths to change the color of multiple windows and the basic color of the building all done within the Path panel. When I wanted to change the sky, I went back to the usual layer format and I could not edit anything.

Do I have to save the Path work as a PSD file (or any format really) and then reopen it in PS to be able to do normal edits?

Thank you,

Photodoc16

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really not clear what you actually did. Show us screenshots or offer a better explanation. Paths by themselves do nothing, so if you indeed changed something, they already must have been associated with a color solid or layer mask, negating your statement about being unable to create new layers or using tools. Anyway, we can't know and your post simply doesn't really make sense.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Mylenium,
Understood. I made a copy of the background, post Path, image and now it
works.
Sorry and thanks,
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines