• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PROBLEM INSTALL PHOTOSHOP CS6 FROM ADOBE

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just installed Adobe Photoshop CS6 that I downloaded from an email to me from Adobe. All applications seem to work except Bridge and most importantly Photoshop. I am using a 17" MacBook Pro fro 2006 and have 10 GB of unused space. It's running Mac OS 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and cannot go beyond that. I have checked that the computer's date and time is correct. The message I get when I double click on either is "You can't open the application Adobe Photoshop (or Bridge) CS6 because it is not supported on this type of Mac. I have tried both the 64 and 32 bit versions and get the same message. Other than trying out CS5 as an alternative, does anyone have a solution as to how to get the Photoshop and Bridge applications to work? Regards, Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Apple>About This Mac, what processor is listed?

If your mac is an early 2006 17" MacBook Pro then most likely it has a Core Duo Intel processor which is 32 bit.

The Core 2 Duo intel processor in the late 2006 models is 64 bit.

Photoshop cs6 requires a Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support.

(there are no 32 bit photoshop cs6 versions on the mac side)

(photoshop cs5 was the last version to run in 32 bit on the mac side)

On a side note, 10 gb is really not enough hard disk free space for both the mac operating system and

photoshop scratch disk usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI

how did you get the CS6 download from Adobe please? As I understood it CS6 has long been discontinued and is no longer supported?

Discontinued legacy applications, for users with older operating systems [and hardware] is a frustrating issue.

thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines