• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem opening a raw file in PS 2021

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop 2021, and whenever I try to open a raw file (CR2) from my hard drive, Photoshop crashes. I have read lots of posts about this issue, and have tried all the suggested fixes (including disbling the graphics processor, setting the cache level, etc), but the problem persists. I updated to the latest PSA version today, hoping that would solve the problem, but it did not.

Strangely enough, if I go through Bridge to select the same file, then "Open in Camera Raw", then go to "Open Object", then PS starts and successfully opens the image.  But I don't want to go this route every time, and I should be able to open an image  directly from my hard drive  without going through  Bridge and Camera Raw.

Would love some help to resolve this problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mention disabling graphics processor but that must be done for camera raw separately to Photoshop. So open Photoshop and go to Preferences > Camera Raw. In the Performance tab, set Use Graphics Processor to "Off"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines