• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem or error

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some time ago, I purchased a copy of the CS4 program. It wasn't cheap.
I just bought a new computer and simply wanted to transfer my existing program on to the new computer. I am told that Adobe have retired their aging Creative Suite computers. They can't find my registration, they can't find the serial number in my program System Info, so their solution is to subscribe another $599.88 A YEAR for Creative Cloud. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To license a compatible version of Photoshop (with all the new enhancements and features) you need to subscribe to the Photography Plan which also includes Lightroom and some cloud storage, and costs around $10 a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek. Where do I go to look at these Photography Plans, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a link to Adobe Photography Plan in the UK – you need to do a local search in your territory:

https://www.adobe.com/uk/creativecloud/photography.html?sdid=88X75SKR&mv=search&ef_id=Cj0KCQiAnb79BR...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your serial should be available if you sign in to your Adobe account on Adobe.com Manager your account and look at your My Products page.  If you activated CS4 in the Past your serial should be listed there. CS4 serials are Platform specific either for Windows PC, or Apple Mac machine.   CS4 will not Run on new mac with Apple's new code. CS4 has quite a bit of 32bit code. Apple no longer has support for 32bit code. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJ,
I don't seem to be able to access Adobe. The URL I had was auth.services.abode.com/en_US/deeplink.html?#/deeplink and I have the UN and PW, but the URL doesn't work.
I was hopin to gain access to My Account through that to get my serial number, but have failed yet again.
In my version of CS4, under system info, there is a serial number, but support at Adobe says that number is incorrect.
I'm upset that it appears they suggest that I now have to pay them a monthly fee, when the program I paid $675 for still works.
Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS4 is over ten years old and operating systems have developed in that time. You need to upgrade to a modern version of Photoshop with all the exciting new bells and whistles, to match your lovely new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"when the program I paid $675 for still works."

If CS4 is still working on your system, you can still use it. If you upgrade your hardware or operating system, and that causes it to stop working, then it will be an issue.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines