Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem saving 16 BIT TIFF file - saved imaged is silver

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having trouble saving my images as TIFF files in PS. My work flow is as follows: I open a saved 32 BIT TIFF file. I then make changes to the open file: curves, levels, and change to 16 BIT. When I save my changes to the TIFF file, the image thumbnail on my DELL displays a light silver and dark silver split image. When I open the TIFF file in any aplication other than PS it displays the strange silver image. When I open the TIFF in PS it looks completely normal. Attached is a screen shot of what the image should look like and what it looks like after saving as a TIFF. Any suggestions as to what could be happening? Thank you all very much as this has been pretty frustrating.

Regards,

Pat

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A couple of reasons come to mind like other applications don't support layered tifs and/or 16 bits/channel tifs.

If you flatten and convert the tif to 8 bits/channel does that make any difference?

Or you could put a merged layer at the top of your 16 bits/channel tif and see how that works.

https://jkost.com/blog/2010/01/merge_to_new_layer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines