Highlighted

Problem using Photoshop functions on Microsoft tablet while using finger as input

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping for some help here!

I have a Microsoft Surface, model 1824. I am trying to use the tools in photoshop such as lasso, paint (all the functions on the left-hand side tool bar) without a pen, just by touching the screen. I have the latest photoshop and my windows 10 is all up to date. 

I can use my finger to select file, edit, window - anything on the top toolbar but when it comes to actually editing these images the touch screen stops working. Does anyone know if you have to use a wireless pen for these to work or if there is a setting I need to enable?

I can use all of the draw, paint, cut functions in Illustrator with no issue. 

Any help appreciated, thank you. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem using Photoshop functions on Microsoft tablet while using finger as input

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping for some help here!

I have a Microsoft Surface, model 1824. I am trying to use the tools in photoshop such as lasso, paint (all the functions on the left-hand side tool bar) without a pen, just by touching the screen. I have the latest photoshop and my windows 10 is all up to date. 

I can use my finger to select file, edit, window - anything on the top toolbar but when it comes to actually editing these images the touch screen stops working. Does anyone know if you have to use a wireless pen for these to work or if there is a setting I need to enable?

I can use all of the draw, paint, cut functions in Illustrator with no issue. 

Any help appreciated, thank you. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. On touch screen Windows devices, using your fingers as input for drawing or painting is not supported in Photoshop. You can select the tools and do basic tasks using the touch interface.

Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/support-touch-screens-photoshop-cs6.html

You can submit a feature request for the functionality to be expanded to painting, etc. here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/

This forum is monitored directly by our developers. They can review your feature request and may implement it in a future update.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sayloho LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting me know, much appreciated. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines