Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with 3D in new version

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everybody,

i updated my photoshop today and wanted to continue my 3d work, but i have 2 problems now and hope anybody can help me fix this 😕

first:
i have a car cut out as layer, and now i have the car shape again as little "reflection" in the car, i have no idea how to get rid of it

second:
i have no preview anymore, its all dark till i start rendering and the complete lightning changedUnbenannt-1.jpg

i think the problem might be here, i see the double here too, but i dont know what to change here.

Unbenannt.jpg

im sorry but i have no idea what version it was before, my last update was oct/sep i guess.

thanks for your time 🙂

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use Photoshop's 3D feature use Photoshop CC 2019 not Photoshop 2020 there seems to be problems in 2020 3D mostly materials going black.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem. Why is it every time Adobe updates photoshop, there's more bugs than improvements. They shouldn't improve what's not broke before fixing what is. I have to now save the file. Export the 3d scene as a object and render it in lightwave 3D. That's ridiculous. Too many bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it seems indeed that there are ongoing issues in Ps 2020 with 3D, the best we can recommend is to post in https://feedback.photoshop.com, with examples of problems, and invite your peers to chime in through forums, social media, to raise attention about those discussions. The more pertinent information, the better it is for the Ps Engineers to be able to fix it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that there are issues. The material system has been changed to a PBR Metallic/Roughness workflow which matches the Dimension (and many other 3D apps). Unfortunately it also seems to have brought bugs including black GPU preview or in some cases inverted GPU Lighting - where the shadows are light and the highlights dark.

The issues are also impacting Lighting effects renders and spherical panoramas, all of which use the 3D engine.

Some have had success with a preference reset and I am currently able to use 3D with NVIdia driver 441.66 but it is far from perfect, the materials do not yet work the same as Dimension.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-lighting-effects-does-not-work-dire...

With an existing project I would go back and use CC2019 (v20) to complete it. (You can have V21 and v20 loaded at the same time and use either)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has this not been fixed yet? In Oct. of 2020 when converting artwork into a 3D layer this problem still exists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noticing there are still problems with 3D features.  I was using it when it stopped working.  I upgraded to 2021 and that doesnt work either.  I am about to go reinstall 2019 to see if that works.  Any idea when this will be fixed?

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-one here can give you a data for a fix or even an indication as to whether it will be fixed, as we do not work for Adobe. The feedback forum, linked earlier, is read by Adobe developers.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Thank you Dave and yes I did leave a comment on the feedback forum as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is concerning the mirrored double texture material bug when redering a 3D layer in Photoshop,

3D Menu>Generate UVs

This works for me even though it is still a hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the whole 3D menu is pretty much grayed out for me.  I was literally working in it yesterday opened a new file and now every file go into 3D does not work.  Thanks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually happened to me as well. I had to shut Photoshop down and it seemed to fix the problem but this is far from stable thats for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I ended up changing the color mode from CYMK to RGB and now 3D works.  I don't remember my original files being CYMK so I'm not sure how this happened but I'm just thankful it works now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Adobe to fix the problem. Adobe's 3d features have been virtually abandonware since Adobe CS6. There are issues that have made it unusable since 2013 that have still not been addressed. I wasted a huge amount of time, and incurred an incredible amount of frustration trying to get Photoshop 3d to work, and waiting for the PS engineers to address the issues before I finally realized they never would, and abandoned the effort. I've since used my COVID time at home to learn Blender, a full-blown 3d program.  Blender is free, open source, and fast on its way to becoming an industry standard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue since the 2020 updgrade, spent more than 12 hours with adobe team and their PS ingenineers.
Big waste of time, got no clue, they told me it will be solved on further upgrades.
But 3D rendering does not work properly since the 2019 version.
It's a real disapointment and a shame for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are additional issues in Photoshop 2021 UV do not show when edits materials and doing so messes up Photoshop View Extras show then creating a new 3d mesh is even disabled.

Capture.jpg

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines