Highlighted

problem with 3D in new version

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everybody,

i updated my photoshop today and wanted to continue my 3d work, but i have 2 problems now and hope anybody can help me fix this 😕

first:
i have a car cut out as layer, and now i have the car shape again as little "reflection" in the car, i have no idea how to get rid of it

second:
i have no preview anymore, its all dark till i start rendering and the complete lightning changedUnbenannt-1.jpg

i think the problem might be here, i see the double here too, but i dont know what to change here.

Unbenannt.jpg

im sorry but i have no idea what version it was before, my last update was oct/sep i guess.

thanks for your time 🙂

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

problem with 3D in new version

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everybody,

i updated my photoshop today and wanted to continue my 3d work, but i have 2 problems now and hope anybody can help me fix this 😕

first:
i have a car cut out as layer, and now i have the car shape again as little "reflection" in the car, i have no idea how to get rid of it

second:
i have no preview anymore, its all dark till i start rendering and the complete lightning changedUnbenannt-1.jpg

i think the problem might be here, i see the double here too, but i dont know what to change here.

Unbenannt.jpg

im sorry but i have no idea what version it was before, my last update was oct/sep i guess.

thanks for your time 🙂

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use Photoshop's 3D feature use Photoshop CC 2019 not Photoshop 2020 there seems to be problems in 2020 3D mostly materials going black.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it seems indeed that there are ongoing issues in Ps 2020 with 3D, the best we can recommend is to post in https://feedback.photoshop.com, with examples of problems, and invite your peers to chime in through forums, social media, to raise attention about those discussions. The more pertinent information, the better it is for the Ps Engineers to be able to fix it...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that there are issues. The material system has been changed to a PBR Metallic/Roughness workflow which matches the Dimension (and many other 3D apps). Unfortunately it also seems to have brought bugs including black GPU preview or in some cases inverted GPU Lighting - where the shadows are light and the highlights dark.

The issues are also impacting Lighting effects renders and spherical panoramas, all of which use the 3D engine.

Some have had success with a preference reset and I am currently able to use 3D with NVIdia driver 441.66 but it is far from perfect, the materials do not yet work the same as Dimension.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-lighting-effects-does-not-work-dire...

With an existing project I would go back and use CC2019 (v20) to complete it. (You can have V21 and v20 loaded at the same time and use either)

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has this not been fixed yet? In Oct. of 2020 when converting artwork into a 3D layer this problem still exists. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0