• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with color in adobe photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem occurs when using an external monitor with a macbook. tested on different monitors with different cables - the problem remains.
the essence of the problem: the image color changes periodically ONLY IN PHOTOSHOP WINDOW (other running applications on the screen do not change color). The color turns red and green. This happens when the active window changes, when the doc menu is called. But this does not always happen. in the lightroom classic, at first there was also such a problem, but then it stopped itself.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, from what you write it seems there may be a bug

A note, however, in addition:

There have been some issues with different OSX versions, maybe different hardware and different versions of Adobe apps and 2nd screens. I developed a test using "weird" display profiles to check this, but it's complex to explain and needs calibration equipment you may not have. Suffice to say that I know appearance anomalies can happen due to this- BUT NOT the flashing between colours you seem to describe. Such symptoms can be OSX related but if that were so I'd be surprised to see only one application having issues.

In a Mac / multiple screen situation, when using Adobe apps such as Photoshop - in order to make sure the right display ICC profile is being used for open images - I set the screen I feel is most important to be the MAIN screen, i.e. the one with the apple menubar (system preferences displays arrange, drag the menu bar to the "important" screen icon).

Next, I make sure the Adobe application opens on that "main" screen - because that’s how it picks up the display profile. If it opens on the "wrong" screen then drag to the "right" one, quit and restart the app, it should open on the right screen now.

Still seeing the same issue?

Report it as a bug

I hope this helps

thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

You can report it as a bug here

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines