• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with color on a 2+1 screen setup

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 external monitors and laptop display and only one that I use for editing photo, but when I open a photo for editing in Photoshop from Lightrrom on the same screen the colors in Photoshop is totally wrong. But I found a workaround, I drag Photoshop over to my other monitor and drop there (the colors change to looking as good as that monitor can show them) then a drag Photoshop back to the right monitor and the color look right. In Ligtroom there is no problem at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just the internal one. I have a macbook pro 16" 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's been quite a few similar cases over some time, always in a laptop + external display configuration. Earlier I've seen Windows laptops affected too, but the recent cases seem to be MacBook Pro exclusively.

What actually happens is that the wrong monitor profile is used. The profile for the primary display is used even if the application is on the secondary display. Photoshop uses whatever profile it gets from the operating system at startup, so it's hard to say exactly where this bug is.

It's a frustrating issue because it's very elusive. It has been reported on the feedback forum (the official bug report channel), but no response yet.

There is one glaringly obvious common factor in all these cases: laptop/iMac with an integrated display. I have never seen or heard of it on desktop systems. So it seems plausible that it has to do with how that integrated display is configured vs. the external display - and that might involve the video card as well as the OS.

The lack of any official response from Adobe suggests that they simply haven't been able to reproduce it. But they know about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks for you replay, as long as my workaround works then the problem is manageable.

I did a test and change to a default profile fors the second monitor, the problem persists, but the colors was wrong in a different way, so I guess Photoshop uses wrong color profile from start. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines