Highlighted

problem with contactsheet II - setting columns

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem is with contactsheet II, I cannot change the number of columns. I can set the number of rows without problems though. When I try to change the number I can delete it, but I cannot change it. I get the error message 'unvalid number'. I am new to Photoshop, but follow a course and the teacher could not help me, so I suspect this is some kind of bug? Can someone help me? I use Window Home 10 (version 1903).

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

problem with contactsheet II - setting columns

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem is with contactsheet II, I cannot change the number of columns. I can set the number of rows without problems though. When I try to change the number I can delete it, but I cannot change it. I get the error message 'unvalid number'. I am new to Photoshop, but follow a course and the teacher could not help me, so I suspect this is some kind of bug? Can someone help me? I use Window Home 10 (version 1903).

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post meaningful screenshots. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add some screenshots...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I go to 'columns' to change the number:

Contactsheet_01.png

I can delete '5', but I cannot change it to another number...

Contactsheet_02.png

And then I get the error message...

Contactsheet_03.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to enter the number? The numeric keyboard or the refular one? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything, it is not the keybord, as it works fine with 'rows'.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is the same issue as https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/impossible-to-costumize-contact-sheet-ii/m-p/11462333?page=..., although I did not find a suitable answer there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to reset preferences? Everything works fine from my testing, Photoshop 21.2.3 on Win 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have just reset preferences, but the problem still occurs, only with columns. I can put in rows via the keybord without trouble.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce the issue.

And as the code uses the same function for both entry fields it seems starnge. 

Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 12.29.30.png

Do you have another alternative input option? 

As a Mac user I am familiar with its »Keyboad Viewer« (basically an onscreen keyboard to use with the cursor) and assume Windows has something similar? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not really, I tried copy/paste from the 'rows' box and from Word, but nothing helps...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the keyboard viewer in Windows 10, but still no success.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0