• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with my opentype

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I cannot use all the fonction of the Opentype. When I try to open it, they are in gray and I can't click on it.

What can I do?

I have a script font and I can't have the ligature, so my letters are not joigned.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You don't have Ligatures enabled. You can see this both in the Character panel and the OpenType menu.

As for the other OpenType features, they are not available with the Script typeface you are using and are grayed out. It's up the the type designer as to what they want to include when designing a typeface.

~ Jane

jane-e_0-1618059936033.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you.

I have another question. The font that I downloaded is supposed to be attached. I talked with someone who have the same font and she can write with the Fi and all the letters are ok. But when I do it, it doesn't work and the letters are with spaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

What is the name of the typeface and where did you get it?

The one option you have available is Standard Ligatures, and that is turned off in your screenshot. What happens when you select the text and enable it? Can you ask your friend to send screenshots of her Character panel and OpenType menu?

Here is an example of ligatures: off on the left; enabled on the right:

jane-e_0-1618072804671.png

Do you have any kerning or tracking applied to your text?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines