Highlighted

Problem with PS 21.2.4 sometimes not recognizing NVIDIA RTX 2060 after PC goes to sleep

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new laptop (Asus Zenbook Pro Duo) running windows 10, Core i7, 16 GB RAM, with NVIDIA GE Force RTX 2060, Photoshop version 21.2.4.  When I close the lid PS seems to shut down (even though I am set to sleep- it even "recovers" my open images as if it had been shut down improperly) and then will often not recognize the graphics card until I reboot.  (This doesn't happen every time, but most of the time.) When I got the laptop a couple of weeks ago PS wouldn't recognize the graphics card at all at first.  I updated the driver which helped for a day or two but then went back to not seeing it again.  I did some reading and found that I had downloaded the wrong version of the driver (the gaming version when I needed the studio version) and after updating with a clean install it seemed to work well for a week or so with no issues. Then yesterday it started again after waking it from sleep.  I am not sure if this is a graphics card issue or a problem with PS shutting down improperly when the pc goes into sleep.

I am happy to provide more information if it will help, just not sure what else might be necessary.  Thank you so much for your help!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with PS 21.2.4 sometimes not recognizing NVIDIA RTX 2060 after PC goes to sleep

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new laptop (Asus Zenbook Pro Duo) running windows 10, Core i7, 16 GB RAM, with NVIDIA GE Force RTX 2060, Photoshop version 21.2.4.  When I close the lid PS seems to shut down (even though I am set to sleep- it even "recovers" my open images as if it had been shut down improperly) and then will often not recognize the graphics card until I reboot.  (This doesn't happen every time, but most of the time.) When I got the laptop a couple of weeks ago PS wouldn't recognize the graphics card at all at first.  I updated the driver which helped for a day or two but then went back to not seeing it again.  I did some reading and found that I had downloaded the wrong version of the driver (the gaming version when I needed the studio version) and after updating with a clean install it seemed to work well for a week or so with no issues. Then yesterday it started again after waking it from sleep.  I am not sure if this is a graphics card issue or a problem with PS shutting down improperly when the pc goes into sleep.

I am happy to provide more information if it will help, just not sure what else might be necessary.  Thank you so much for your help!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0

Have something to add?