• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with "Sticky" Modifier keys?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this isn't in the right place, I'm a bit new the forums.

I've been using Photoshop CC for years and have never experienced this problem. I'm running on a fairly new (1 year) Macbook Pro with a Cintiq 22HDTouch hooked up to it. Recently, seemingly out of nowhere, my Modifier keys have been "sticky"; when I use keys such as OPTION, COMMAND, CTRL,  or SHIFT, they get stuck even after I let go. I realized this wasn't a hardware issue when the same thing happens after using my cintiq's shortcut keys for the modifiers.

SHIFT and OPTION seem to be the ones that are making it near impossible for me to do my work. The others don't seem to be as big of an issue. Sometimes photoshop will register my shift key is being held when it's not, or its not registering when Shift is being held down. Same issue goes with Option. These problems only seem to occur while in the program.  I updated to the latest photoshop and that seemed to fix the issue for about 3-4 days, and now it's acting up again. I've restarted my computer, I've reinstalled the cintiq and wacom hardware, and I'm out of ideas on what could be causing the issue.

I had trouble finding any other forums with existing issues. If I could get some help ASAP, that would be extremely beneficial. Thank you in advanced,

Whit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

I've resolved the issue by installing the older Wacom Driver 6.3.15.3, and by removing all the Panels in the On-Screen Controls tab of the tablet Preferences Window.

I hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

The last update seemed to fix it for me. Haven't noticed any sticky keys so far, let's hope this does it once and for all.

Driver Version 6.3.44-1 on a Mac with Big Sur 11.2.3 using Intuos Pro Large PTH-851.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 129 Replies 129
Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm using 6.3.15 without any issues on El Capitan.

does anyone know if there are issues with 6.3.15 under Sierra?

I really can't imagine why it is so complicated for them to repair the driver?

i'm using wacom tablets for more than 20 years and never had an issue. it was always a reliable piece of hardware and software.

And by the way, why we are complaining here in the Adobe Forum? Is there a wacom forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@laden.m:

For me, my Intuos Pro did NOT work at all under Sierra. I had to backup all my files and go back to El Capitan to get it working again.

There are also complaints on the Wacom forum: Driver 6.3.19-6 - STILL BUGGY - Wacom Forum - Wacom Europe GmbH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They also put up a new driver that fixes these issues with the short cut keys (ALT, Shift, & etc.) Here's the link:

Drivers | Wacom

It's the one that was put up on 1/04/17

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 5.39.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, the newest driver didn't solve the problem for me.  I sent Wacom an email about a week and a half ago and they never replied.  I'm running Sierra, have an intuos pro 5 and a Macbook pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest driver dont fix the problem. I NEED A SOLUTION WACOM!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution is really to use the 6.3.15 driver. Using it right now on a Sierra system. Works flawlessly.

Now - while this version does work, I still completely agree that Wacom should stop scratching their ass and solve this. Being unresponsive is not the way to treat customers. It has worked before (as confirmed by myself and anyone else using the earlier driver), so surely it can be fixed.

My opinion is that, Wacom would keep their users, especially us pro-users, more happy, if they were being honest and responsive and upfront, and just tell people that, "we know it sucks, the reason it's not working is (insert-technical-reason-here), and we're working as fast as we can..."

Jakob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try the 6.3.15 driver...thank you.  I couldn't agree with you more - this is not the way to treat loyal customers.  I teach Lightroom and Photoshop and am in a position to recommend their products but will not do so until they fix the problem and provide better customer service. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before I download the new driver, can someone tell me if that works with Sierra with an intruos pro 5 and can you use the express keys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6.3.20.4 works perfect with Sierra and Indous Pro.

No problems after hours of photoshop.

Everthing is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't get this? why there are people still having issues with the newest driver and some like you who don't have any issues?

can someone explain what are the issues with the newest driver? are there any under sierra, are there any under el capitan?

someone using the latest driver with sierra and intuos 4 XL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this email from Wacom.

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 18.57.49.png • Droplr

Their services are getting worse and worse. I keep wondering what's going on with their leadership that they can afford so many fiascos.

Too bad though, I really wanted to fill their customer support survey out and give them a piece of my mind. Maybe they knew I had nothing good to say - and this might be their strategy to keep their precious NPS scores high.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got the survey e-mail from wacom too.

thought it's spam.

really strange and unprofessional from wacom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same mail.

wacom worst and worst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am literally losing my mind. Going CRAZY with this issue. I cannot work like this.

WACOM!!!!! Figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, just use the older driver until Wac(k)om get it together. It's been proven (and I'm one of those users), that one of the older versions (can't remember the exact version) does work. I'm running Sierra latest version on both my Macs, and they both run great with this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sticky key problem is fixed with the older version, yes. But now I am getting phantom double-clicks and strange inability to select / move windows properly. It's not a problem with my pen or tablet, it is 100% definitely the driver.

The fact is, Wacom does not have a current tablet driver that is fully compatible with macOS Sierra. It's incredibly unprofessional.

Oh, and this new one (6.3.20-8) still didn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these listed old drivers were working for me. Managed to find one that's over 2 years old that has done the trick for me though. Grabbed it off Wacom's Facebook page here:

Wacom - If you're having Wacom driver trouble in OS X... | Facebook

The driver is stored here: http://bit.ly/10ecd8W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been in contact with Wacom regarding this issue of sticky modifier keys, and they would like to test a solution out with a few users who are seeing this issue regularly.

We're only looking for 3 right now, and there will be an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) to sign.

If you're interested in this, please reply back to this thread showing your interest in trying out a new solution to this issue and we'll get in touch with you via email. (Note: Do NOT reply to this thread with your email address)

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi pete,

i'm interested.

but i'm running el capitan, not sierra.

best

mladen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete, I'd be willing to try.

[email edited out by moderator]

Jakob Muxoll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will also be willing to try. Running Sierra here. Latest CC packages. Currently running mostly ok with older drivers, but I work in the software industry so I have experience of bug reporting and how to repeat issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mladen, jakobmuxoll, and Drawingbreath, for being willing to join in on the test.

Turns out, I'm going to put this request on hold for now. Looks like they're holding off on external testing after all. Apologies for jumping the gun here.

Regards.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALERT! ALERT! I found a solution to the double-clicking / window selection and movement problem!

All I had to do was to adjust my mouse double-click speed in system preferences to the second-from the right. You have to actually adjust the MOUSE double-click speed, not the Wacom pen double-click speed.

4 months later and I can finally use my Intuos tablet again. Halle-freaking-lujah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem and am not using a tablet, stylus, or anything else. Does anyone know of a solution? It started with Sierra.

Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines