Problem with Save for Web in Photoshop 22.1.1 on macOS Big Sur

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried every setting on my macbook with pro Big Sur to get photoshop to save files through save to web option with no avail. I followed all community suggestions, nothing works.

So to fix the problem I went back to the latest version of Photoshop 2020. Magically everything works as expected again.   Please fix 2021 so the SAVE TO WEB option will work.

Thank you!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us what happens when you try to use Save for Web in Photoshop? Are you getting an error?

You can go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue... so frustrating.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news for you! I discovered a fix. If you uninstall Photoshop 2021 and reinstall the latest version of 2020, you’ll find that 2020 works fine. Now go ahead and install photoshop 2021 but leave photoshop 2020 installed as well. Now verify that the 2021 version is working as expected. If so, you can now uninstall Photoshop 2020 and leave 2021 and everything will be working fine.

It’s crazy that we have to do this but it does fix it.

Les
Sent from my iPhone

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nikunj,

I get this error; "could not complete this operation. a write permissions error has occurred".

I have added Photoshop to all security and privacy permissions; Accessiblity, Full Disk Access, Files and Folders.  Reset Photoshop preferences, performed a system reboot and it still doesn't work.  However as I mentioned, with a reinstall Photoshop 2020 everything works as expected with no errors.

Please Advise,

Les

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines