• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with spanish accents

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys, i bought an opentype font that includes punctuation and accents, however photoshop can't recognize them. Something strange is that in word processors like Pages (From mac) it works without problem, however in photoshop the typeface changes to Myriad Pro when I try to use a Spanish accent like "Más""Cuánto"

when I write the whole word and select it and then choose the font, then it does recognize the accent, but it doesn't when I write with the active font

If anyone can help me I will appreciate it very muchCaptura de Pantalla 2020-10-27 a la(s) 15.33.43.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

One thing you didn't say is the name of the OpenType font you are using. Is it from Adobe Fonts? Not all typefaces have all glyphs, and you may be using one that does not include that accent. Here I have the accent with Myriad Pro.

jane-e_0-1603846592014.png

Here are some things to try:

• Use the Mac keyboard shortcut of Option+e > release > then type "a"
  • Open the Glyphs panel, confirm it is set for your typeface, and see if the glyph exists
    jane-e_1-1603846886264.png

If it doesn't exist, then the type designer did not create it, and you may have to choose another typeface. Try this first.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines