• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the object does not fit properly in the guides and setting the width to thousandths

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make the width of the object for example, 3.663 in photoshop, but it converts it to 3.66, and it doesn't matter if the link shape width is on or off, it converts it to 3.66 either way, so the objects pass or stay inside the ruler guide line, so they don't fit exactly on the guide lines, either rectangular or photo. Also, I try to paste it into guides using control t but never above the line either behind or ahead. How can i fix this ? How can i make the rectangle fit the guidelines?

ESMA5CB0_1-1622159933945.png

Ekran Görüntüsü (23).png

-

ESMA5CB0_0-1622159919389.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off Snap and Snap To Grid 

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 5.16.12 PM.jpg

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thank you very much. I tried but it didn't work, unfortunately the rectangle does not fit the guide properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Photoshop supports a wide range of units such as Millimetres and Inches, the fundamental building block of an image is still the Pixel. Could the problem be that you are trying to resize something to a fraction of a pixel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your answer, it could be , but when I try with pixel it doesn't stick to the guides, first I put the rectangle inside the guides and paste it using control t, but it doesn't stick correctly, either overflows or stays inside. I was wondering if I could use new guide from shape, but this time I can't set the width to be 3.66 per thousand when I want to do it 3.663.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and no worries. I don't think I fully follow your predicament.

Could another part of the problem be that you are dragging out guides that don't align with the Pixel Grid? Photoshop will let you drag out a guide pretty much anywhere. If you are dragging out guides from the ruler, hold down Shift while you do and your guides will snap to pixel edges.

You can also add guides via the following menu option…
View > New Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everything. I think there is a problem in Photoshop, the pixel grid does not form and it does not stick to the guides with the shift key anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you editing a your document using a 1000 PPI resolution where ever guideline will be aligned to a pixel  for the pixel print size will 1/1000 of an inch.  If  your resolution is not 1000 a guide line may not align exactly to a pixels if you set guide via a unit of length to the thousands of an inch.  Or the percentags ots a docyments width  height.  Photoshop is a Pixel editor you can not have fraction of a pixels.  Guide lines may not align to Photoshop canvas pixel grid Dark line are guide line the grid Photoshop pixel grid.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your reply, I use it with 150 ppi because I have to use it like that in the project. So the shape is adjusted according to the pixel grid instead of the guide line. Do I have the chance to adjust the pixel grid according to the grid line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can set you Grid line on your document 150 ppi pixels grid. So guide lines align to your documents pixels grid. You can then snap selection to guide line and fill selection with a color the selecion will align to you document Pixel grid.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines