Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with the swatches panel

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

The swatches panels for Ps and Ai cc 2020 on my computer now looks like the top image since tonight. I don't understand what has happened. Is itr possible to revert back to the tradition swatches panel like on the image on the bottom, please?

I have reinstalled Ps without any change.

Thanks

new swatches pannel.jpeg

traditional swatches panel.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Hi, click on the hamburger menu, and select "small thumbnail" rather than list, and you can click, shift+select last one and drag some out of the folder you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For better help, please tell us the following:

• Which operating system?
  • Which version # of Photoshop?
  • Which version # of Illustrator?
  • What if anything has changed on your system since yesterday?

[Moved to Photoshop from Get Started.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping me:

MacOS 10.15.5 

Photoshop 2020, and Illustrator 2020, running from Creative Cloud

I just realized that I have updated the MacOS this morning with the latest version that was available this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on the right pointing arrow next to the folder, it shows the swatches in that folder as shown in the bottom screenshot.

So go through the list of folders until you arrive at one named "My Swatches" and twirl it open.

See how that goes. I also have 10.15.5 (latest fixes) and the 21.1.13  version of Photoshop 2020

Minor OS upgrades should not do anything to your libraries. They should all be there.

Now when you perform a major upgrade of PS, say from 2020 to 2021, remember to be sure "keep my settings" is checked on so you don't lose them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to help me. 

I also have MacOS 10.15.5 and Ps 21.1.3.

The swatches menus I now have is a vertical list of folders, within which are a verical list of colors - second attached screen capture

I don't know how to go back to the former way to present swatches i.e. a table with with several rows of colors on top of each other - first attached screen capture from Ai 24.1.3. I didn't find the answer in the different comments.

Thanks

the presentation I would like to seethe presentation I would like to seethe swatches presentation I seethe swatches presentation I see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, click on the hamburger menu, and select "small thumbnail" rather than list, and you can click, shift+select last one and drag some out of the folder you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thank you very much for your help. It works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking the solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this what you are looking for. Just click on the Panel menu, the four small horizontal bars.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 5.18.47 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello My "none" (=transparent) color has disappeared from my swatches panels and folders. Does anybody know how I can recreate it, please? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This must be Illustrator (which I don't have). Try "Reset Swatches" from the Panel menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. In Illustrator, the swatches panels has not changed. My problem is with Photoshop. I tried resetting the swatches, without any success. From what I read in the forum, other Photoshop users are complaining about the swatches panel/grid evolution in the very latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop never had that swatch:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/pse_req_for_none_as_a_colour_swatch

In a vector drawing program "none" turns off drawing of an element.
That concept doesn't exist in a pixel based editor. Each pixel always has a color, and a transparency value. You can paint with a color, an opacity value, and a blend mode. But you can't paint "none".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for patiently explaining that. I am sorry for asking a beginner's question. I am writing a big marketing strategy presentation for our start up. I am trying to learn Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign all in the same time from the creativecloud.com tutorials while writing the presentation content. I am starting to get mixed up with each software's panels. Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what we are here for. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are vry kind 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines