• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the virtuell memory in Ps 2020

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I´m having a problem with the latest version of Ps (21.0.1) on iOS. I have just a bit over 27 GB free memory on my computer but still, when editing, Ps keeps telling me that my virtuell memory is full and I cant go on with my editing. What can I do? Anyone else having this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

How large are the image you're working on, 27GB free space for the scratch disk can fill up pretty quickly if your working on large files.

There currently is an issue with Photoshop 2020 using large amounts of scratch disk and it's been reported that enabling legacy compositing helps

2019-11-20 16_29_47-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply! Well, Im editing quite big .NEF files (Nikons version of RAW). Looks like my .NEF files are somehow transformed to .TIFF files and becomes huge when go from Lr to Ps.

Is there a way I can change my virtual memory from my disc to my external hard drive? Because I have a 4TB hard drive i can plug in to the computer. Seems crazy that Ps use this amount of memory on the disc for one single file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the external drive for the scratch disk, more info

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

You can assign the scratch disk from the preferences settings

2019-11-20 16_56_32-Adobe Photoshop 2020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonsoir j'ai égaleme,t un problème de mémoire virtuelle mais PS ne s'ouvre pas pour me êttre de gérer la mémoire virtuelle dans les préférence quelq'un sait comment faire ?

j'ai besoin de Photoshop et désormais il ne fonctionne plus...

Merci pour votre aide

Capture d’écran 2020-12-21 à 21.44.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to free up disk space. 1.6GB is nowhere near enough free space. Photoshop here uses over 5GB on opening and can easily use 100GB or more.  With only 1.6GB free you will soon run into operating system issues not just problems with Photoshop.

If you add a second disk it should show in that list (you can hold down Cmd+Opt when starting Photoshop to access the scratch disk set up dialogue)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines